17/18 October - Missenden Virtual Autumn Weekend

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
David B

17/18 October - Missenden Virtual Autumn Weekend

Postby David B » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:14 am

Missenden Railway Modellers are having a virtual Autumn Weekend on 17th and 18th October which is free and open to everyone. This is not an exhibition but an accumulation of articles, videos and a few live events by experienced modellers and tutors, many of whom will be familiar to you - Ian Rathbone, Bob Alderman, Norman Solomon, Mike Sharman, Mick Bonwick, Tony Wright and Jerry Clifford to name just a few.

Amongst the articles are videos and other snippets of useful information. There are some live events for which you need to register an interest by Thursday 15th. If you are intersted in the live events, you can register through the link below; the form is in the 3rd paragraph.

https://www.missendenrailwaymodellers.org.uk/index.php/autumn-weekend-2020-online-event/

I have copied an image of the ‘front’ page below. The Modelling Rooms are listed top right and under each are the articles, videos and any sub-sections. In all, there is a shed load of stuff to keep you occupied for hours! This will be available in full from Saturday.

Missenden Autumn.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul Townsend

Re: 17/18 October - Missenden Virtual Autumn Weekend

Postby Paul Townsend » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:51 pm

[quote="David B" live events by experienced modellers and tutors, many of whom will be familiar to you - Mike Sharman,
[/quote]

Thats remarkable! I trust Hilary knows.

David B

Postby David B » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:32 pm

Paul Townsend wrote:[quote="David B" live events by experienced modellers and tutors, many of whom will be familiar to you - Mike Sharman,

Thats remarkable! I trust Hilary knows.

Just the written word - no personal appearance.

Guy Rixon

Postby Guy Rixon » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:41 am

Where is the page pictured in this thread? Doesn't seem to be on, or associated with the link given.

David B

Postby David B » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:18 pm

Having had privileged access, I copied what will be the front page on Saturday. I did it to show the organisation and what 'modelling rooms' there are that will be available to view when the Weekend begins on Saturday.

As far as I know, the content will be available thereafter and some of the 'live' events during the weekend may be recorded and made available as well.

David B

Postby David B » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:48 am

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:49 am

And very enjoyable too.
Thanks Missenden
Steve Carter

Mick Bonwick

Postby Mick Bonwick » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:57 am

The Missenden Railway Modellers virtual Autumn Weekend has drawn to a close but all the content remains on line here:
https://www.missendenrailwaymodellers.org.uk/index.php/virtual-missenden-autumn-2020/

The weekend included a number of live Zoom sessions which have been recorded and are available here:
https://www.missendenrailwaymodellers.org.uk/index.php/virtual-missenden-recordings/

Whether you are a Missenden regular or not we would be very keen to receive any feedback which you can leave here:
https://www.missendenrailwaymodellers.org.uk/index.php/virtual-missenden-feedback/

DougN

Postby DougN » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:16 am

I have enjoyed what I could access. For some reason the Ipad wouldnt allow me to some of the videos. Though not looked at the pages on the laptop... should be doing work rather than looking at these things... at work! :D
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

martin goodall

Postby martin goodall » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:09 am

I would have been interested in this virtual event, but simply didn't have time last weekend to go online.

Is the recorded material by any chance still available, and if so can a link be provided to it?

Mick Bonwick

Postby Mick Bonwick » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:17 am

The event can still be accessed from the main Missenden Abbey Railway Modellers website, but a more direct link is here:

https://www.missendenrailwaymodellers.org.uk/index.php/virtual-missenden-autumn-2020/

All of the material assembled for the event will remain available for the near future.

Return to “Exhibitions”