Scaleforum Vintage Videos

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
dcockling

Scaleforum Vintage Videos

Postby dcockling » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:41 pm

When I first started uploading the old Magic Box Production videos of past Scaleforums (or Scalefora if you prefer) the Society did not have its own YouTube channel, so they were uploaded to mine, but as we were going to need a Society channel for Scaleforum 2020 we created one.

As these old Scaleforum videos are a Society resource I have now uploaded to the Society's channel the four that I had prevously made available and amended the links. Hopefully they'll all work OK.

The original posts are here:

Scaleforum 1996

Scaleforum 1997

Scaleforum 1998

Scaleforum 1999

And here is a link to the Scalefour Society's YouTube Channel

I will look to add the remaining vintage videos sometime in the next few days.

All the Best
Danny

dcockling

Re: Scaleforum Vintage Videos

Postby dcockling » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:34 pm

The videos of

Scaleforum 2000

and

Scaleforum 2001

have now been added.

There are two remaining Magic Box Productions videos of Scaleforum, 2002 and 2003, however neither of these have been edited into a coherent programme and there is no narration, commentary or music, just whatever background noise was recorded at the time.

These look as though they are going to require quite a bit of work before I can upload them. but I'll see what I can do.

All the Best
Danny

DougN

Postby DougN » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:40 am

Danny these are quite brilliant as these show what we have missed over the years. Again a big thanks to you for all the effort to upload them.

I am looking forward to watching 2001 tonight. As I was actually there (my first Scaleforum!) :thumb

Is it possible for others to send to you footage for the years that are missing? as this would become quite an archive of footage of what happened each year!
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:24 am

DougN wrote:Is it possible for others to send to you footage for the years that are missing? as this would become quite an archive of footage of what happened each year!

I'm sure it's possible, but it then needs someone to edit and prepare them for Youtube. The Magic Box videos 1996-2001 come ready-made in that sense - I have (i.e. the archive has) an original set of VHS tapes, which I had converted to DVD some years ago. It is these that Danny has used to provide us with the Youtube films. Danny is about to find out what is needed to prepare the unedited 2002 and 2003 tapes/DVDs.
Rod

DougN

Postby DougN » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:30 am

It's great that you have footage Rod. I have to say I appreciate all the team do. Danny really needs a round of applause this year.

I have enjoyed 2001 this evening... yes I was torturing the family to have to watch scalefourum tonight. It's s great way to wind down for the weekend!
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Return to “Exhibitions”