DEFine Modellers Day 11th Jan 2020

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
PeteScR

DEFine Modellers Day 11th Jan 2020

Postby PeteScR » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:02 pm

DEFine are pleased to announce that we will be holding our fourth DEFine Modellers Day on Saturday the 11th of January 2020.
The venue is as previous years, Risley Village Hall, Risley, Derbyshire, DE72 3SU (beside the church).

Planning is well underway for the event and the line up of attendees so far is as follows.

Layouts

Braynerts Sidings P4 Paul Gittins
Underhill Road P4 Dave Roome
Longcarse West P4 Terry / Simon Bendall
Oldshaw EM Guy Molyneux, Mike Hale, Tom Harwin
Weedram Distillery OO Alex Hall
Tudwick Road O Dave Tailby

Demonstrations

On My Workbench Robert Austin
On My Workbench Rob Griffiths
Weathering 4mm Stock Roger Manton
On My Workbench Bill & Nick Wilson

As with our previous events, there will be no traders present. There is lots of parking and refreshments will be available on the day. Doors open at 10am and close at 4pm.

The venue can be reached within 5 mins off J25 of the M1. Take exit (Bostocks Lane) heading for Risley and then left at the lights on to A5010. The Village Hall will be signposted about half a mile along on the right hand side.

Admission is only £4 as this is a not for profit event.

We will keep the blog updated with any more news and reminders nearer the date. This looks like it could be another interesting show so we hope you can come along and enjoy the day. Pictures and coverage of previous events can be found in the blog archive https://definemodellers.wordpress.com/

Thanks

The DEFine Team

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Re: DEFine Modellers Day 11th Jan 2020

Postby Terry Bendall » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:35 am

Although Simon and I will be present at the DEFine show and could therefore be said to be biased , I would commend this event to all Society members, even if your particular interest does not lie in modelling the diesel and electric era - which did of course start a very long time ago if we consider for example the electric locomotives of the North Eastern Railway, the overhead electric stock of the LBSCR and the numerous examples of early diesel shunters.

stated the reasons why I consider this to be a "must go to" event on page 5 of Scalefour News 213 and hopefully other members will choose to attend what is an informal event where there is an opportunity to engage in conversations with layout owners, demonstrators and fellow visitors and along the way see some interesting and effective model making techniques.

Terry Bendall

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:56 pm

Totally agree with Terry. A great little event well worth attending.

'Braynerts Sidings' will be having its first outing as a 'work in progress'. How far the work will have progressed by then you'll have to come along and see!

PeteScR

Postby PeteScR » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:35 pm

BUMP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PeteScR

Postby PeteScR » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:39 pm

Only a week to go until the 4th DEFine Modellers Day opens for business.
See the DEFine blog for the full line up
https://definemodellers.wordpress.com/

New for this year, we will also be having a DEFine members “Pre-Loved Items” table with some stock and books etc for sale on the day.

We hope you can join us.

PeteScR

Postby PeteScR » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:04 pm

One last minute change. Due to illness "Braynerts Sidings" will now not be appearing at the show.
In its place we have the excellent "Manston Brewery" created by Rob Milliken and operated by Bevis Heap.

Cheers

jim s-w

Postby jim s-w » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:17 pm

PeteScR wrote:
New for this year, we will also be having a DEFine members “Pre-Loved Items” table with some stock and books etc for sale on the day.

We hope you can join us.

Can visitors sell stuff Pete?
Jim Smith-Wright

http://www.p4newstreet.com

Over thinking often leads to under doing!

PeteScR

Postby PeteScR » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:19 pm

Sorry Jim, its members sales only. Visitors are however encouraged to buy stuff ;-)

Pete

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:33 pm

PeteScR wrote:One last minute change. Due to illness "Braynerts Sidings" will now not be appearing at the show.
In its place we have the excellent "Manston Brewery" created by Rob Milliken and operated by Bevis Heap.

Cheers

Sorry not to be bringing 'Braynerts' - but Pete has found an excellent replacement. Hopefully I'll be OK for S4North end of March!

PeteScR

Postby PeteScR » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:06 pm

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all the S4 society members that attended our DEFine Modellers Day yesterday. It was good to see so many familiar faces especially our friends from the S4 EMAG . The show was a success once again and we will update our blog soon with pictures.

A special thank you to Terry and Simon Bendall for making the long trek up to our event with "Longcarse West". It was looking great as ever and we really appreciate the support you have given the DEFine event over the years.

Also thank you to Bevis Heap for agreeing to bring "Manston Brewery" at the last minute.

Cheers

Pete Degnan

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:24 am

It was our pleasure to come Pete and as always it was a very good event. It was also good to be able to offer a few words of advice to those visitors who asked questions which is often what small events like this are good at doing.

Terry Bendall

bevis

Postby bevis » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:32 pm

agree with Terry. Happy to help and I would like to thank my fellow EMAGers (formerly NAGers) for supplying locos (David Clarke), allowing me loo breaks and helping in general.

Richard S

Postby Richard S » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:47 pm

First time I have visited and it was worth the round trip. Good to catch up with a few familiar faces, some from on here.
Did any notice the traffic disruption in the area the following day?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-51083607

Love the comment that the contents (Pringles) were burnt to a crisp!

PeteScR

Postby PeteScR » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Just to let you know we have posted a DEFine Modellers Day 2020 Report on our blog

www.definemodellers.wordpress.com

Pete

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:41 am

A good selection of picture Pete even if some of them do feature me. :) It goes to show what small events like this can achieve. Well done to all those involved in the organisation for taking the time and trouble to organise things.

Terry Bendall

Return to “Exhibitions”