Model Rail Scotland

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
dcockling

Model Rail Scotland

Postby dcockling » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:11 pm

The Scalefour Society is at Model Rail Scotland this weekend with Calcutta Sidings and United Mills

calcutta sidings.jpg

society stand.jpg

united mills.jpg

Thanks to Tim Horn for the pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jasp

Re: Model Rail Scotland

Postby jasp » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Ray Nolton’s United Mills one the First award on Saturday at the Glasgow show (or “Weegie Rail” as Ray calls it)
Congratulations Ray
The layout will be at Scaleforum North in April
Jim P

Julian Roberts

Postby Julian Roberts » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:07 pm

United Mills, I have just discovered, was judged "Best in Show" by Tony Wright. He said of it "an absolute stunner...beautifully observed and ran impeccably". Agreed!

I thought the hugely impressive Calcutta Sidings, which I had not seen before, ran both stunningly and impeccably too.

jim s-w

Postby jim s-w » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:28 am

Well Tony wouldn’t acknowledge that, he’s spend decades doing editorials about you can’t do everything in p4 that Calcutta does! :twisted:
Jim Smith-Wright

http://www.p4newstreet.com

Over thinking often leads to under doing!

raynolton

Re: Model Rail Scotland - UNITED MILLS

Postby raynolton » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:19 pm

Well this came as a bit of a surprise, but to say I was (am) chuffed is an understatement. This was the layout's first outing,
apart from a dress rehersal at the last EoS meeting a couple of weeks ago. As some of you will know I inherited "Thorburns" (see RM Web for a blog) from Mike Lauder about 18 months ago, and have since moved the location and remodelled it to better suit my own requirements and am pleased with the results. The layout is unashamedly designed for fun, as something of an antidote to 15 or so years working on "Burntisland 1883" and the operators seem to agree - although we have identified a few modifications which are in hand before its next appearance at the Skills Day in Linlithgow on 9 March (and then S4N of course).

I will post some pictures once I find out how to do so!

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:07 pm

For adding pictures
When making a reply look below the composition window and click on the 'Attachments' tab. Then click the 'Add files' button and browse for your picture file.
you can drag and drop a file into the composition window but you still need to look in the attachments tab to see that the file has been added and then to place it where you want it in the composition window. (Place in line puts it where the cursor is).
Regards
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

raynolton

Postby raynolton » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:31 pm

OK, well that was easy, thank you Allan G.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Exhibitions”