RAILEX 2019

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
kelly

Re: RAILEX 2019

Postby kelly » Tue May 28, 2019 4:27 pm

Went along on the Sunday. Overall generally a good show, though some layouts were very difficult to see due to being either too crowded (not much can be done about that really) or set too high to see from a chair (something can be done about that, but the show organisers can't really do a great deal and is certainly not something unique to Railex), though when I did manage to get to see the layouts they were for the most part worthwhile.

Didn't spend much as funds were needed to be spared for DEMU's Showcase next weekend, though did by a few 'The Book of the...' books at good prices with birthday funds.

Aside from previously mentioned height issues a good day out.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

MickRalph

Postby MickRalph » Tue May 28, 2019 8:47 pm

I spotted Kelly going round the show and thought to myself that you would be having problems seeing many of the layouts. That was, of course, also a problem for the many parents who were having to hold up their children to allow them to see the trains. I thought that many of the layouts were set at a higher level than is usual - this helped for the letterbox style of presentation, but it was difficult for those with both high and low eye levels. That said, this was one of the best shows I have been to.

Mick

Knuckles

Postby Knuckles » Wed May 29, 2019 5:10 pm

Everyone forgets the drill: provide periscopes and yellow pages.
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” Thomas Paine

https://www.sparkshotcustomcreations.com/
Mostly 3D Printed Loco kits etc.

SCC Price list (7/4/22)
https://www.sparkshotcustomcreations.co ... e77d42.pdf

Phil O

Postby Phil O » Wed May 29, 2019 5:26 pm

It was an excellent show and even the girlfriend enjoyed it. The only down side was being stuck at Exeter for 75 minutes on Monday afternoon due to a train breaking down at Totnes.

As soon as Dave has recovered from this year's show and announced next year's, I will book my hotel.

Phil.

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Thu May 30, 2019 4:08 pm

Will L wrote:Perhaps those doing demo's at Scaleform had better remember to bring their own lighting?

I was on the Society stand on the Saturday and clearly the lighting was not set at the low level because of a plan but simply because some of the tubes had failed an no one had bothered to fit replacements. It was not good last year but is now even worse. I shall certainly be making representations to the management to get this sorted by Scaleforum. It is almost at the stage of being unsafe for sporting activities and for model show purposes good lighting is needed. Most layouts and traders do have lighting but not all and just trying to look at what you are intending to buy was difficult.

As always a very good show with some excellent layouts.

Terry Bendall

Return to “Exhibitions”