BOGG show

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
David B

BOGG show

Postby David B » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:10 pm

I know this is a 7mm show, but I see a number of 4mm people when I am on the Missenden stand at O gauge exhibitions.

The show is in a large, spacious hall, there are some interesting layouts and different traders. Access is easy from both the M4 and M5. Something to do on a cold, January Sunday.

Website: http://www.bogg7mmexhibition.com. There is a button top left 'Enter here' for more details.

Paul Townsend

Re: BOGG show

Postby Paul Townsend » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:31 am

I have been occasionally and found it worthwhile for scale cross-fertilising ideas and contacts. It is primarily a trade show so few layouts and expensive entry.

Recommended for tri-ennial visit say.
I am unlikely to make it this year though

Paul Townsend

Postby Paul Townsend » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:43 am

Paul Townsend wrote:I have been occasionally and found it worthwhile for scale cross-fertilising ideas and contacts. It is primarily a trade show so few layouts and expensive entry.

Recommended for tri-ennial visit say.
I am unlikely to make it this year though

I did actually get to this show yesterday.
Entry fee was £9 for this non-O-Gauge-Guild member. I rescheduled my day as I wanted
to see progress on Peter Boyce's model of Bristol Goods Shed...Broad Gauge c 1870 in 7mm. Half the entry fee was worth it just to see that...superb. Its next appearance is, I believe, in Newport soon.
There were a few other small to medium sized 7mm models there and they represented the high end of the quality spectrum.
I also made fortuitous contact with chums from long ago who were founder members of Bristol AG P4 Society (sic) and as always had a good chat with many other friends.
Expecting to stay for an hour, I ended up being there for 5 hours so it must have been good and not a penny spent as traders all 7mm oriented as expected....if you need 7mm bits there are an awful lot of those traders at that show!

If you incline towards seeing what the 7mm community is up to, don't let my earlier comments put you off going next January.

Captain Kernow

Postby Captain Kernow » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:06 pm

I went to the show for 7mm modelling purposes but most of what I ended up buying was for 4mm projects (plus the latest two excellent titles from Wild Swan). Also saw loads of people I knew, so like many other shows, it turned into an excellent social occasion as well.

Always a delight to catch up with Gordon and Maggie and their lovely work again, of course.
Tim M
Member of the Devon Riviera Area Group.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:37 pm

Captain Kernow wrote:I went to the show for 7mm modelling purposes but most of what I ended up buying was for 4mm projects (plus the latest two excellent titles from Wild Swan). Also saw loads of people I knew, so like many other shows, it turned into an excellent social occasion as well.

Out of their many excellent titles, which were these?

I'm desperately waiting for LNWR Wagons Vol.3 to be published, so I can see how (in) accurate my rake of five LNWR ballast wagons are...

LNWR ballast 2.JPG

Cheers
Flymo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Captain Kernow

Postby Captain Kernow » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:44 pm

Flymo748 wrote:Out of their many excellent titles, which were these?

Sorry Paul, not the wagons book, but the two new books by Peter Barnfield - 'Aberllefenni' and 'Memories of Railway Journeys in Wales'. Both excellent.

More info here - http://www.titfield.co.uk/
Tim M
Member of the Devon Riviera Area Group.

Return to “Exhibitions”