The Christmas Show - Manchester 2017

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
hughesp87

The Christmas Show - Manchester 2017

Postby hughesp87 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:51 pm

A short note of apology to those visiting the Manchester Show next weekend and hoping to see my p87 layout Obbekaer amongst the exhibits.

In view of my wife's continuing ill health, and something of a downturn in that over the last couple of days, I have very reluctantly had to withdraw from the Manchester show this year.

This was a considerable disappointment. As a Manchester lad, the Christmas outings with my Dad to the MMRS show at the Corn Exchange were a highlight of the year, and a major influence in my taking up this hobby in the first place. When the time came for me to be involved in setting up a small annual exhibition at my secondary school, MMRS stalwarts Norman Whitnall and Sid Stubbs, both of whom had connections with the school, were generous with their advice and assistance. Over the course of the last 40 years or so, three of my layouts have been exhibited there, culminating in Middlepeak's farewell appearance in 2003. I was therefore really looking forward to going back with Obbekaer.

Still, one look at the line-up reveals that it will be a great event, and well worth seeing. Hopefully we will be there another year.

My thanks to show organiser Philip Sweet for being so gracious in accepting the situation. It is very difficult for exhibition managers when they are presented with withdrawal like this at the last minute.
Geraint Hughes
Cromford & High Peak in P4
Danish Railways in P87

Return to “Exhibitions”