Scaleforum North 2018

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
mikeknowles

Re: Scaleforum North 2018

Postby mikeknowles » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:14 am

DougN wrote:Mike how close did you come to actually purchase the loco from Mr Sutton? :twisted: it really looks the part and from Mr Suttons locos I have seen locally they run beautifully! :thumb

Very close! The only snag is that he only had 24091 available which was withdrawn in 1977 which is right at the start of my modelling period. But as I said to Phil, if he produces a 25.......

mikeknowles

Postby mikeknowles » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:23 am

steamraiser wrote:IMG_20180414_154043.jpg

My favourite.

Gordon A

Cheers Gordon.

Further to Paul's comment there's no harm in drooling over an RB!

Some years ago I worked for Tarmac Quarry Products and was involved in operations to bring sand and gravel from the River Trent in barges to a wharf in Hull where they were offloaded by a crane (a Priestman I think rather than an RB) fitted with a grab, so it all brings back fond (?) memories for me.

James Wells

Postby James Wells » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:15 pm

A bit belated, but we thoroughly enjoyed Scalefour North :)

It's such a lovely, welcoming and friendly show - I think as a society we should be very pleased with the atmosphere at Society events.

The interesting thing for me is how my son, Thomas, is treated. Some of you may have noticed him around on the Sunday. He loved Clutton and even went to the front desk to ask if he could have his own voting slip so he could vote for it! He liked Farringdon too, he's on a bit of a Great Western kick at the moment!

At some local club type shows I find people often dismiss his comments and questions, which is sad when for many that sort of show could be he start of a lifelong interest if nurtured. At Scalefour North this is never the case - his questions bring intelligent answers, nothing is dumbed down and I think he gains far more from it :)

https://westhalton.wordpress.com/2018/0 ... our-north/

PeteT

Postby PeteT » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:28 pm

I'll be interested to hear how you get on Paul. One thing I need to learn about at some point is the Midland Rotary Block, it's workings, how it differed, etc.

Noel

Postby Noel » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:54 am

PeteT wrote:One thing I need to learn about at some point is the Midland Rotary Block, it's workings, how it differed, etc.

These may help, Pete:
https://signalbox.org/branches/jh/rotary.htm
http://forum.signalbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8055
Regards
Noel

Return to “Exhibitions”