Lost at Scaleforum 2017

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Paul Willis
Forum Team

Lost at Scaleforum 2017

Postby Paul Willis » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:21 pm

No, not mysteriously the contents of your and my [1] wallets.

Whilst we were clearing up the area of the Society Stand, a grey-painted wooden box was found. We believe it was someone's Bring & Buy purchase. Possibly left for safe-keeping. Or not.

Inside is a panel controller, an ammeter and a voltmeter, and a couple of other electrical bits.

Scaleforum Lost 1.JPG

Scaleforum Lost 2.JPG

If the rightful owner would like to make contract, we can see about arrangements to return them home.

Cheers
Paul Willis
Deputy Chairman

[1] I appear to have acquired two pristine OO RTR locomotives - a GWR Castle and a 14xx. No, I'm not saying why...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Will L

Re: Lost at Scaleforum 2017

Postby Will L » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:29 pm

Is it me or is there an Echo in here?

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:32 pm

Will L wrote:Is it me or is there an Echo in here?

Sorry Will - the original posting came up with an "Unable to correct to server" error, so I paged back and copy/pasted my original text in a new message.

Clearly it went through the first time!

Cheers
Paul
www.5522models.co.uk

DougN

Postby DougN » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:48 pm

Flymo, I have to ask why you came away with a GWR castle and a 14XX.... that is all a bit far west for you! :D :D
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

chrisf

Postby chrisf » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:42 am

He has 'Seen The Light?

Chris

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:39 am

DougN wrote:Flymo, I have to ask why you came away with a GWR castle and a 14XX.... that is all a bit far west for you! :D :D

Doug,

It's a reverting to my roots :-)

But that is all a bit far in the future.

After a prolonged running in session at Scaleforum I have a Buckjumper to line and finish ASAP. Enormous thanks to the DRAG boys for bringing along the Test Track. It was a real boon to be able to set a newly finished locomotive off and see it running more and more smoothly as it gained my distance under the wheels.

The Test Track is one of the most underrated parts of Scaleforum. Anyone who doesn't have the ability to do long laps of a track will find it invaluable. I commend it to the house.

Cheers
Flymo
www.5522models.co.uk

jschybalski

Postby jschybalski » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:50 am

To answer the original question, that looks suspiciously like it belongs to member 1840. Sorry I don't know his name.

Carlos

Postby Carlos » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:06 pm

Flymo748 wrote:
DougN wrote:Flymo, I have to ask why you came away with a GWR castle and a 14XX.... that is all a bit far west for you! :D :D

Doug,

It's a reverting to my roots :-)

But that is all a bit far in the future.

After a prolonged running in session at Scaleforum I have a Buckjumper to line and finish ASAP. Enormous thanks to the DRAG boys for bringing along the Test Track. It was a real boon to be able to set a newly finished locomotive off and see it running more and more smoothly as it gained my distance under the wheels.

The Test Track is one of the most underrated parts of Scaleforum. Anyone who doesn't have the ability to do long laps of a track will find it invaluable. I commend it to the house.

Cheers
Flymo

A bit of a deception the RTR & GWR acronyms together, but compensated by the fact you where able to run the Backjumper at the test track and it did well! Your E22 and Will's one where a real boost to my motivation on advancing mine! By the way, missed to get introduced to Will...
A great Scaleforum again, we enjoyed a lot!

Carlos

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:04 pm

Panel controller?

Rare vintage controller I think you mean - that must be about 40 years old.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

PeteT

Postby PeteT » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Tim V wrote:Panel controller?

Rare vintage controller I think you mean - that must be about 40 years old.

But did they ever get their patent?

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:21 pm

Flymo748 wrote:....The Test Track is one of the most underrated parts of Scaleforum. Anyone who doesn't have the ability to do long laps of a track will find it invaluable....

Absolutely. All my German stuff seems to go well on it :thumb
That would be an ecumenical matter.

Le Corbusier

Postby Le Corbusier » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:48 pm

Horsetan wrote:
Flymo748 wrote:....The Test Track is one of the most underrated parts of Scaleforum. Anyone who doesn't have the ability to do long laps of a track will find it invaluable....

Absolutely. All my German stuff seems to go well on it :thumb

As did the strange site of my Drummond 'Barney' resplendent in full midland Crimson Lake .... drew a few odd looks ;)
Tim Lee

Chris Mitton

Postby Chris Mitton » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:10 pm

jschybalski wrote:To answer the original question, that looks suspiciously like it belongs to member 1840. Sorry I don't know his name.

I do know his name (but can't put it here for Data Protection reasons) - I'll be in contact with him in the near future, I'll let him know provided Paul tells me what he's done with it!
Regards
TreasurerChris
`

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:14 pm

Chris Mitton wrote:
jschybalski wrote:To answer the original question, that looks suspiciously like it belongs to member 1840. Sorry I don't know his name.

I do know his name (but can't put it here for Data Protection reasons) - I'll be in contact with him in the near future, I'll let him know provided Paul tells me what he's done with it!
Regards
TreasurerChris
`

In the meantime, the mystery has been solved and the relics will be reunited with their owner in the near future...

Thanks all for their contributions, thoughts and witticisms :-)

Cheers
Paul
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “Exhibitions”