Scalefour Society AGM, 17 June 2017

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
martin goodall

Re: Scalefour Society AGM, 17 June 2017

Postby martin goodall » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:00 pm

I had some fun operating the 'box on Bodmin for about half an hour - the first time I had done this for 35 years (!!!) (having been a regular signalman on the layout during its early years on the exhibition circuit, starting at the MRC Easter Show in 1979).

I have already congratulated Tony Sheffield by email on a very well organised event. I suspect the hot weather may have deterred some from attending, but for those who came it was a good day out.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:57 am

Good morning all,

To draw the business of the 2017 AGM to a close, I'd like to give a formal thanks on behalf of the Committee to the North London Group, hosts of this year's event.

The event went very well, the layouts were an excellent variety, we had chatty demonstrators sharing their knowledge and thoughts, and we had ice cream! What more could we ask for?

Thanks again, and there will be announcement of the location of the 2018 AGM to the whole membership as soon as possible.

Cheers
Paul Willis
Deputy Chairman
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:38 pm

The minutes of the AGM, which the Committee have now seen record that the following announcement was made

"The Deputy Chairman said that Terry Bendall had notified the Committee that he wished to stand down as organiser after Scaleforum 2019. He would obviously be a hard act to follow but having two years’ notice meant that succession could be managed in an orderly way. He was therefore deliberately not asking for volunteers to step forward during the meeting. He did however ask anyone interested in taking on the role to contact any Committee member. "

No one has yet commented on this matter so I will raise it to stir things up. :D Anyone who might be interested in the job is welcome to contact me on scaleforum@scalefour.org. for more information. It does not have to be a solo act - a team of people could do the job and it shares the workload and that is what happens at present.

Terry Bendall

John McAleely
Web Team

Postby John McAleely » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:48 pm

Terry Bendall wrote:The minutes of the AGM, which the Committee have now seen

Not only that, but members have been able to see them on the AGM page for a few days now. (The link is members only)

Russ Elliott

Postby Russ Elliott » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:30 pm

Some pics of the event, mostly by Clive Burrows. (I've included a link to Kelly Harding's blog page. If anyone has more pics, please let me know.)

I'll try to add a few more names to faces, but my brain is doolally.

Return to “Exhibitions”