EMGS - 4th Chris Kedgley Memorial Skills Day

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Chris-GNR

EMGS - 4th Chris Kedgley Memorial Skills Day

Postby Chris-GNR » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:05 am

Evening all,

I though this was worth a share on here.

IMG_0247.JPG

The family of Chris Kedgley, the former Chairman of the EM gauge society (and active member of the Scalefour Society) who passed away in June 2013, “gifted” his models and un-built kits to the EMGS. Chris was a highly skilled modeller who as well as building also painted and lined his models.

With the proceeds of sale from these models now exceeding £5,000 the EMGS Board have decided to hold a fourth “Skills Day” (the first in the North of England) in his memory.

The event will comprise of a number of demonstrators covering a wide range of modelling skills, plus two award-winning layouts exhibited “sans drapes”

Visitors will be encouraged (where practicable) to “have a go”.

Date: Sat March 11th 2017

Location: Littleborough Coach House, Lodge Street, Littleborough Nr Rochdale OL15 9AE (5 mins walk from Littleborough Station which is a 20min train journey from Manchester Victoria)

Hours: 11am to 4.30pm

Cost: Admission £3
EMGS Members FREE (Don’t forget your membership cards)

Catering: The Cherry Tree café is adjacent to the venue.

Demonstrations already confirmed (more to come) include: -

• Soldering for absolute beginners - Roger Sawyer
• Signal Construction - Karl Crowther
• Etched Coach Construction - Dave Carter
• Alex Jackson (AJ’s) Couplings - Tony Williams
• Soldering White Metal - Derek Evans
• Architectural Model Construction - Andy Cooper
• Track and Turnout Construction -Tony Sullivan
• The Art of Tree making and scenics - David Hawkins
• Ready to run loco conversions and chassis construction – Peter Hill
• ‘On my workbench’ Ian Worthington & Martin Edmondson featuring installation of point motors and control system for the fiddle yard on Ian’s EM ‘Glaisden’ layout.
• Resin casting in the preparation of coach sides - Martin Stringer
• Rolling stock detailing including laser glaze coach windows and wagon weathering -. Ben Lord & Dai Davies
• Modeling Road Vehicles including working vehicles using radio control and the Faller system - Phil Taylor
• Not all wagons are the same!! – Duncan Redford

There will also be a Loco clinic for troublesome models run by John James who will also be expounding the virtues of Split Chassis Loco Construction

The EMGS Trade Stand will also be in attendance.

This event is organised on behalf of the EMGS mainly by Tony Sullivan (EMGS Publicity Officer) with the considerable help of Karl Crowther and members of The Rochdale MRG. (Contact 07806 093340 or mnw1919@gmail.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Philip Hall

Re: EMGS - 4th Chris Kedgley Memorial Skills Day

Postby Philip Hall » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:23 am

Thank you Chris for flagging this up. My only regret is that I will not be able to be there.

Society members will recall that the hugely successful joint EMGS/Scalefour Society joint event last March, 101 Not Out, was inspired by the CKMSD which formed part of it. These instructional days, which have been so well received do deserve our support; everyone seems to have a great time at them.

My old friend CK would be so pleased...

Philip

Chris-GNR

Postby Chris-GNR » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:57 pm

Afternoon Philip

I throughly enjoyed the '101 Not Out' event last year & felt extremely honoured to be there as an exhibitor with The Mill.

Jason & I will be at the Littleborough Skills Day exhibiting with The Mill & making the most of the chance to catch up with friends & pick up some hints & tips from the wide renege of demonstrators there.

I look forward to seeing all who are able to attend.

Cheers
Chris

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Looking forward to it, aleady on my 'Events Not To Be Missed Calendar'!

Return to “Exhibitions”