Model Rail Scotland

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Julian Roberts

Model Rail Scotland

Postby Julian Roberts » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:17 pm

In addition to the P4 layouts appearing at this exhibition next week in Glasgow listed in Scalefour News 201, the West Scotland 4mm Group will be exhibiting its layout "Calderside". All going to plan this will incorporate an extension representing the exchange sidings that hitherto were "off stage", exhibited as work in progress.

Omission from the Snooze was quite understandable - the layout has somehow somewhere in the Model Rail Scotland system been re-designated as 00 gauge!

May 2011 058.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lindsay G

Re: Model Rail Scotland

Postby Lindsay G » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:24 am

Not that I've any reason to defend the Model Rail website, but Calderside was(is) correctly listed as a P4 layout the last time I looked. Did Snooze dose off? No witch-hunt required!!! Just as edition 201 states, Mostyn, Burntisland 1883 and Elcot Road will also be on show (just another excuse for a shameless plug, 8 days to go, Fri 24th - Sun 26th, SEC (no longer SECC - what another discrepancy?), Glasgow).

Interestingly, in addition to local demonstrators, the organisers seem to be wheeling in experts in the shape of Tim Shackleton and Tony Wright. Not sure what they'll be demonstrating but a weathering session with Tim might alone be worth the entry money.

Lindsay

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 am

Lindsay G wrote:Mostyn, Burntisland 1883 and Elcot Road will also be on show

Southern Electric gets to Glasgow! :) The Society stand will also be in attendance so possibly the largest line up of layouts built to P4 standards ever.

Terry Bendall

iak

Postby iak » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:45 am

The Beastie will have a lot of new stock making its debut at Glasgow.
Colin Craig freight-liners will no doubt be the real eyecatchers, all 26 of them... :shock:

The fact that so many P4 layouts are present annoys me even more with regards to my health.
Oh and that Scotland and Wales will be playing at Murrayfield.
Wibble! :cry:
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

PhilD

Postby PhilD » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:27 am

Originally incorrectly listed on ModelRail Scotland's website under "00" (shock, horror, how did that happen!), correction of Calderside's designation as P4 happened a few weeks back.
"My bad" as WS4mmG's Exhibition Coordinator. In the original information submission I neglected to to highlight that this is a P4 layout, despite giving the scale as 4mm:1ft and gauge as 18.83mm. So there you go!
Phil D

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:05 pm

iak wrote:Colin Craig freight-liners will no doubt be the real eyecatchers, all 26 of them

That will be worth seeing. Quite an achievement to get that number assembled. :)

Terry Bendall

Return to “Exhibitions”