Scaleforum 2017

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
martin goodall

Re: Scaleforum 2017

Postby martin goodall » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:47 pm

David Bigcheeseplant wrote:I would if going via Oxford I would alight at Thame and Haddenham parkway and get a bus to Aylesbury from the stop outside there is one every 20-30 minutes I guess it will shave at least 45minutes off your trip as you don't need to change and wait at Princes Risborough.

David

I was going to make the same suggestion. Chiltern Railways Oxford to Haddenham and Thame Parkway. 280 bus to Aylesbury from right outside the station to Aylesbury Bus station. 50-yard walk to the Station Approach for the special Scaleforum coach service, or a choice of two or three service buses from the bus station.

Alternatively you could take the same 280 bus to Aylesbury the whole way from Oxford Station. (Again the bus goes from right outside the station), but the bus journey throughout from Oxford to Aylesbury is admittedly rather slow, unless you get an X8 which shaves about 10 minutes off the journey time.

Someone coming from Birmingham could take a Chiltern Railways train from Moor Street to Thame and Haddenham Parkway (but in some cases it may be necessary to change at trains at Banbury, as not all trains stop at Haddenham).

kelly

Postby kelly » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:11 pm

I've uploaded the photos Natalie and myself took over the course the weekend to Flickrnow. If anyone would like higher resolution copies drop me a message and I'll be happy to obblidge.

I'll have a blog post up about the show in due course too, which will appear here.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

steve howe

Postby steve howe » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:16 pm

[quote="kelly"]I've uploaded the photos Natalie and myself took over the course the weekend to Flickrnow.quote]

I was sorry to have to miss Scaleforum this year, from the pics it looked very quiet in the hall, were the numbers good this year?

Steve

kelly

Postby kelly » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:47 pm

steve howe wrote:
kelly wrote:I've uploaded the photos Natalie and myself took over the course the weekend to Flickrnow.quote]

I was sorry to have to miss Scaleforum this year, from the pics it looked very quiet in the hall, were the numbers good this year?

Steve

I think it was more spaced out, which possibly makes it look quieter, though it did indeed feel quieter in some respects. But the DEMU stand was reletively busy all weekend with people popping by.

I think last year there was a number of larger layouts there with less space between to some extent.

Still an excellent show however.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

kelly

Postby kelly » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:14 pm

I've added a retrospectiveto my blog of the show now.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

Return to “Exhibitions”