CMRA Modellers' Day - Watford -16 July 2016

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Paul Willis
Forum Team

CMRA Modellers' Day - Watford -16 July 2016

Postby Paul Willis » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:00 am

The Chiltern Model Railway Association have sent us details of their latest modellers' day. The Scalefour Society is a member organisation of the CMRA. The idea behind the whole day is to take time out to spend a day doing some modelling in the company of like minded people, in a convivial environment. The CMRA write:

"An excellent buffet is provided, tea and coffee are on the go all day long all for just £10.00. If you have not yet booked a ticket please do so by the 10th July at the latest as we need to have some idea of numbers attending to enable us to provide the substantial buffet on the Day.

Just to remind you of some of the events happening on that day. PAT testing will be on offer for you - so bring along your electrical items to be tested for free, we do draw the line at dishwashers etc they are a little bit too big.

Paul Stapleton is bringing his Chinese Layout, many of you will have seen Paul at the St Albans exhibition with his locos, coaches and wagons. Its a first outing.

There will be a number of speakers including Tony Hill, Michael Ball and Michael Watts.

Demonstrators include John Lloyd, Jerry Freestone, Tony Wright and Michael Tucker.

Traders on the day include John Dutfield and Poppys Woodtech.

It is a good day, just come to talk to other like minded modellers, listen to the illustrated talks, chat with the demonstrators - see how they do it and maybe you can help them improve on the way that they do things or improve on the way you do things.

Don't forget there is a good buffet and tea and coffee on the go all day long.

Tickets available from David Crossley at [url]david@dhcrossley.com[/url] or use the attached form"

modellers day general form 2016.doc
Whos who modellers day 2016.docx

Cheers
Paul Willis
Marketing Manager
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Andy W

Re: CMRA Modellers' Day - 16 July 2016

Postby Andy W » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:35 am

I'm not 100% sure I can get there. I realize they want to gauge numbers, but is it possible to turn up on the day without a ticket and pay at the door?
Make Worcestershire great again.
Build a wall along the Herefordshire border and make them pay for it.

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:43 am

I had to open the attachment to find out it's being held in Watford!
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:08 pm

Tim V wrote:I had to open the attachment to find out it's being held in Watford!

fixed
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:50 pm

Tim V wrote:I had to open the attachment to find out it's being held in Watford!

Yes, but if I told you that up front...

Thanks to Keith for putting it in the title!
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

steamraiser

Re: CMRA Modellers' Day - Watford -16 July 2016

Postby steamraiser » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:38 pm

It is a shame that it clashes with Larkrail at Larkhall, Bath.

Gordon A

Return to “Exhibitions”