Warley 2015

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Tim V

Re: Warley 2015

Postby Tim V » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:30 pm

Got in the show at just after 9:15, left just after 17:00.

Tired, but enjoyed a curry in Moseley on the way back.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:44 pm

Strange things were happening on 'Burntisland' this afternoon. Here is Past president Jim Summers in Top Hat mode:

tophat1.jpg

tophat2.jpg

Tremendously and justifiably popular all weekend, it was difficult to get anywhere near the layout and this picture was snapped from some distance away:

DSCF1783.JPG

All the Best
Danny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:13 pm

I had a very enjoyable weekend representing the Society at the NEC.

My thanks to Mike Ainsworth, John McAleely (Sunday), Paul Willis (Saturday) and Steve Carter, plus of course Terry and Simon Bendall (who although working for Rail Express transported our stand), for their able assistance and splendid company over the weekend. Also to the layout owners and operators of Burntisland, Wheal Elizabeth and Pwllheli (The East Scotland Group, Andrew Ullyott and Jonathan Buckie) for demonstrating what can be acheived in P4, as well as to all members, old and new, who stopped to ask questions, seek assistance, have a chat or just say hello. It is you guys who make it all so worthwhile.

A special hello too to all of our new members who joined over the weekend it was a pleasure to meet you.

DSCF1779.JPG

image4.JPG

Mike and Terry will be at it again next weekend at the revived Manchester Show

All the Best
Danny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NoelH

Postby NoelH » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:49 pm

Enjoyed my first visit to Warley on Saturday.

Thanks to Paul (I think) who answered all my newb questions about suspension and some of the other modelling aspects of P4 in a friendly and patient way. :)

I'm sure I'll be asking more questions on the relevant part of the forum in the future.

Return to “Exhibitions”