Boston Model Railway Show

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
mikeknowles

Boston Model Railway Show

Postby mikeknowles » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:09 am

I'll be waving the P4 flag at the annual Boston Model Railway Exhibition this weekend (26/27th September) with my (work in progress) layout Boston Frodsham.
As the layout is partly based on the swing bridge at the entrance to Boston docks I'm hoping for plenty of feedback from the locals, but hopefully not too much stick!
For those interested the show is at;
Village Hall
Hall Lane
Stickney
PE22 8BG
Saturday 26th September 10:00 to 17:00
Sunday 27th September 10:00 to 16:00
Hope to see you there, a couple of photos below to hopefully whet your appetites.

DSCN3713.JPG

DSCN3706.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chris58

Re: Boston Model Railway Show

Postby chris58 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:13 am

Hi Mike
I should be there on Saturday as I am visiting in the area. Hope weather improves as I may be on my sons motorbike.
Regards
Chris Dales

mikeknowles

Postby mikeknowles » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:55 am

Hi Chris

Will look forward to seeing you there.
According to the weather forecast I saw last night, high pressure is due for later in the week so should settle things down.

Tim Horn

Postby Tim Horn » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:43 pm

Hi Mike,

Loving the look and feel of the layout, keep up the good work! Good luck for the weekend :)

Cheers
Tim

mikeknowles

Postby mikeknowles » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:33 pm

Tim Horn wrote:Hi Mike,

Loving the look and feel of the layout, keep up the good work! Good luck for the weekend :)

Cheers
Tim

Cheers Tim (must get the spring overlays you supplied me for the 08 fitted)

mikeknowles

Postby mikeknowles » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Well we had a really good weekend at Boston, the layout ran almost faultlessly which was encouraging considering that when we set it up on Saturday morning it was the first time that all the four baseboards had been assembled together as one unit (two scenic boards plus the two new fiddle yard boards).
Unfortunately the attendance at the show was a bit down (probably due to the fine weather, most folks had gone to Skeggy)! However it was good to meet up with Chris (Dales), he was full of praise for his experience exhibiting Saltfleet at Scaleforum last week.
A few photos;

DSCN5073.jpg

DSCN5077.JPG

DSCN5079.JPG

DSCN5083.JPG

DSCN5085.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PeteT

Postby PeteT » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Nice looking layout Mike. The layout has a nice flow to it, and the scenics so far created look excellent. I'll keep an eye out for future progress!

DougN

Postby DougN » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:39 pm

Mike looking very nice there! :thumb ,

I hope you don't mind me asking some details to the layout. What length is each of the modules? I have a thought to build a similar style layout and what I have come up too is

1200mm cassette fiddle yard, 1800mm,1800mm scenic sections 1200mm cassette fiddle yard. Around 600mm wide.

The layout has to the front a exchange loop for the the off scene industry.... could be coal or anything else. Double track secondary line which runs through the scene, 3 arch bridge to one end, a goods shed, coal drops, and single goods siding.

This sort of matches your layout!
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Return to “Exhibitions”