Exhibition Insurance

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
hughesp87

Exhibition Insurance

Postby hughesp87 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:04 pm

Can anyone out there help with a contact for exhibition insurance?

I have an invite to take 'Obbekaer' to a show in France in October. After months of dithering on the part of the organisers I now have confirmation of the invitation, but a query about insurance has revealed that the layout will not be covered en route to the show, and neither will any theft of stock or other items during the exhibition!

Before I contemplate how to politely decline the invitation, I have resolved to find out how much arranging my own insurance would cost. I tried Magnet Insurance, who seem to cover many of the shows in the UK, but they will not cover for overseas travel.

Does anyone have any other ideas? How have people got over this problem before? I certainly haven't experienced it on my previous European jaunts.

Thanks,

Geraint
Geraint Hughes
Cromford & High Peak in P4
Danish Railways in P87

Tim V

Re: Exhibition Insurance

Postby Tim V » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:59 pm

Try Dave Doe, one of the organisers of the Utrecht exhibition.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Re: Exhibition Insurance

Postby Terry Bendall » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:29 am

Geraint

You could try Walker Midgely of Sheffield. I believe that they do the insurance for Railwells but I have not used them myself. The other Society shows use Magnet. The only other possibility is to contact an insurance broker and see if they can find someone to provide the cover needed.

Terry Bendall

Return to “Exhibitions”