Scaleforum Attendance and Location

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Tim V

Re: Scaleforum Attendance and Location

Postby Tim V » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:14 pm

Typical, once again there are only 52 weekends in a year, there is bound to be a clash.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:15 pm

David Bigcheeseplant wrote:For those visitors who may be in the area for the whole weekend and maybe fancy something different on one day just ten miles down the road in Princes Risborough is Kop Hill Climb http://www.kophillclimb.org.uk/ where there is plenty of vintage cars and motor bikes. I normally go but due to being at Scalefourum both days won't be able to make it.

If you have a friend who is more into petrol than points you can plan a lads weekend in the area, then share accommodation, fuel etc and come to Bucks.

David, that looks like an excellent way to spend a sunny day!

I still have fond memories of living in Leeds and going to the Harewood Hillclimb. I was lucky enough to be there for the last year of the Group B rally cars doing the RAC rally. However just seeing the usual classic throwing themselves up (and occasionally into) the hill was more than good enough.

I also love Red Marley in Gloucestershire, but that's an off-road climb for motorbikes, and it is truly evil :-)

Trains and hillclimbs sounds like a superb idea. Like you, I'll be at the show both days, but it sounds like something to watch out for next year!

Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:13 am

Flymo748 wrote: Like you, I'll be at the show both days, but it sounds like something to watch out for next year!

And for 2016, Scaleforum will return to its usual last full weekend in September which will be September 24th/26th. Book the date now!

Terry Bendall

David B

Postby David B » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:00 am

Terry Bendall wrote:
And for 2016, Scaleforum will return to its usual last full weekend in September which will be September 24th/26th. Book the date now!

I think you mean Saturday 24thand Sunday 25th September, Terry.

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:08 am

David B wrote:I think you mean Saturday 24thand Sunday 25th September, Terry

Yes I did, but at least it shows that someone is reading things carefully. :) Mind you a three day Scaleforum sounds like fun. :D

Terry Bendall

David Bigcheeseplant

Postby David Bigcheeseplant » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:55 am

If anyone is staying over and wants to meet for a beer on the Friday or Saturday night let me know the Hop Pole is good for both food and real ale.

Return to “Exhibitions”