St Neots 2015

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
grovenor-2685
Forum Team

St Neots 2015

Postby grovenor-2685 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:26 pm

From Tony Wright on RMweb today
Today, I attended the St Neots Show, near Godmanchester. What an excellent event, and well worth visiting. My congratulations to the organising team. The range of layouts, demonstrators and traders was very good - better than at some 'more-prestigious, larger' shows in my view. With regard to the layouts, I was gratified to see there were not so many 'typical' roundy-roundies, depicting the usual BR steam/diesel transition and populated with RTR stock. The best, in my opinion, was in P4; a beautiful evocation of the Southern's 'withered arm' in the mid-'50s. It was exquisite, and ran superbly.

It was, of course St Merryn, well done the SLAG team.
Keith
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Steve Carter

Re: St Neots 2015

Postby Steve Carter » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:11 pm

Tony Wright wasn't the only one that spent a lot of time enjoying St Merryn during a very enjoyable weekend :)

SLAG really enjoyed the very friendly, exceptional well organised and managed St Neots show and St Merryn performed very well all weekend and received many kind and complementary comments which was nice :thumb

One O Gauge modeller spent quite a bit of time talking to me about several aspects of the layout as his wife had brought him the St Merryn book for Christmas and he had enjoyed it so much that he travelled specially to St Neots to see the layout "in the flesh" and he said he was certainly not dissapointed.

Our 'front of house' was very busy answering many questions and Jane, who kindly manned our demo stand again, sold 10 St Merryn books, thanks Jane and on Mothers Day as well!

Steve
Steve Carter

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:24 pm

Steve Carter wrote:and Jane, who kindly manned our demo stand again, sold 10 St Merryn books, thanks Jane and on Mothers Day as well!

A lady who has always been happy to go the extra mile for the Society, after all she was at the inaugural meeting, on Valentines day 1976.

All the Best
Danny

Oh and very well done the St Merryn team.

chris58

St Neots show 2015

Postby chris58 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi all
i enjoyed seeing the lads with St Meryn and was pleased that they had a good time. From my own point of view i enjoyed the whole thing ,both in club chairman mode and layout operator.I realise there are some obvious shortfalls with Saltfleet but it wasn't designed to be moved about . Limited funds and space really have restricted me. I hope there were some positive points that you could pick out.
Regards
Chris Dales

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:05 pm

It was good to meet and talk with you as well Chris. Thank you and all the St Neots club members for all their hard work in making our visit do enjoyable and fun.

I enjoyed spending time soaking up the atmosphere you have created with Saltfleet. Lots of good detail in such a small layout that I'm sure will be appreciated and enjoyed at Scaleforum in September.

I look forward to seeing you and Saltfleet again then.

Cheers

Steve
Steve Carter

Return to “Exhibitions”