Flying the Flag

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
hughesp87

Flying the Flag

Postby hughesp87 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:09 pm

You may recall a small Viking invasion at last year's Scaleforum, as two members of the Ribe Model Railway Club from Denmark came along to help out with my Obbekaer layout as part of the P87 display.

There were very impressed with what they saw at Aylesbury, and thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, so much in fact that they were determined to spread the message about the event and the Society amongst other modellers in Denmark. The end result is that they have just had an article published in 'Lokomotivet' magazine, which is the main quarterly publication for serious Danish railway modellers. With a circulation of (I think) just over 1000, it gets to most of the clubs across the country, and is certainly well read by the modelling fraternity. As well as the obvious references to their links with the Obbekaer project, there were some nice comments and photos on the P4 exhibits, including photos of Halifax Kings Cross, Dubbieside and Elcot Road.

The 'return leg' of the arrangement was for the Obbekaer team to take the layout across to Denmark to participate in the Danske Model Jernbane Union exhibition at Kolding in April. We had a wonderful welcome from our hosts and lots of interested conversations with visitors, many of whom had not seen a layout built in the 'English' style before.

I'm not sure that this activity will generate a flood of new membership from across the water, but certainly a lot more people know about the Scalefour Society now, as well as the principles of Alex Jackson couplings, CSBs, suspension and scratchbuilding. And of course it was all a lot of fun for us, which is why we do this in the first place!

Regards,

Geraint Hughes
Ely
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Geraint Hughes
Cromford & High Peak in P4
Danish Railways in P87

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Re: Flying the Flag

Postby Terry Bendall » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:16 pm

Excellent news Garaint. Always good to see modelling to P4 standards spread a bit further. We usually get some vistitors from Europe so perhaps the article will generat a few more.

Terry Bendall

Tim V

Re: Flying the Flag

Postby Tim V » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:14 pm

A note for foreign readers, Clutton appears in a ten page article in Train Miniature Magazine for May 2015.
http://www.modelspoormagazine.be/index.php/fr/

For those whose technical French isn't up to it(!), it is also in Model Rail in May, and No, I didn't plan it that way!
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Return to “Exhibitions”