Warley 2013

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
dcockling

Warley 2013

Postby dcockling » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:12 pm

The Society Stand will be at the Warley Show on 23rd and 24th November: Stand B56, hopefully we'll see you there.

The Warley Show is also on FACEBOOK

P4 Layouts this year are: Mike Gosling's 'Aldbury Town'; Mark Tatlow's 'Porthcullin'; and Robin Gay's 'Rolvendon'

The Warley Show has now become our second biggest recruitment opportunity each year after Scaleforum itself, and with such a large gathering of railway modellers, represents a tremendous opportunity to promote the Scalefour Society and to show people who are interested, a little of what P4 modelling is all about. It's also a great chance to meet and chat with our existing members who are visiting the show.

This year the Society stand will be manned over the weekend by Deputy Chairman, Paul Willis, General Secretary, Mike Ainsworth and me, Membership Secretary, Danny Cockling, with former Treasurer Ron Hartshorn helping out on Saturday. However we do have a badge spare for the Sunday, so if any member would like to come and lend a hand and work on the stand on Sunday please let me know. Please e-mail: memsec@scalefour.org if you're interested in helping out.

All the Best
Danny

dcockling

Re: Warley 2013

Postby dcockling » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:50 pm

For anyone thinking of contacting me regarding working on the stand on Sunday, I now have a volunteer, so the position is closed. David Brandreth will be joining Paul, Mike and me on Sunday 24th November.

All the Best
Danny

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:50 am

And for those who are really desperate, I shall be at Warley, on the Rail Express stand doing a demonstration of various bits and pieces, mainly kit construction. No Elcot Road, but stock from the layout will be on display, plus other models that have been featured in the magazine in the last year. Stop by for a chat, especially if you want advice about modelling the D&E scene in P4.

For those who like interesting prototypes, stand D07 will feature two interesting locos from the Leighton Buzzard Narrow Guage Railway. Baldwin 778, one of a batch of 495 locos built in 1917 for service on the Western Front and the only one currently in working order will be there together with the "protected" Simplex 3098 also built for service in France. Try building a P4 model of one of those!

Terry Bendall

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:35 am

The show is open and we're ready to roll...

Warlley_13_01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Back and tired!
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:59 am

Tim V wrote:Back and tired!

I can understand why... A busy show on both days, with good crowds throughout around the three P4 layouts: Rolvendon, Porthullin and Aldbury Town. All of them flew the flag very well for the Scalefour Society.

On the Society Stand we also had a busy time, with many people interested in finescale modelling. There was also interest in the wheel conversions, to make use of the high quality of current RTR locomotives, and also the excellent appearance of finescale track. A couple of people that were considering building their own track in OO-SF went away considering 18.83 instead.

And finally, although it may be a little too early for them to see it, I'd like to extend a warm welcome on the Forum to the several new members that joined the Society at Warley. I very much hope that they will enjoy the reading that their bumper pack of backnumbers of Scalefour News will give them, and that they will have a long and rewarding membership that inspires their own modelling.

Cheers
Paul Willis
Deputy Chairman
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:51 am

Yes, a most enjoyable weekend and as Paul said, lots of interest at and around the Society stand.

Paul, Mike, Ron and David did a great job taliking to all the people who stopped by, non-members and members alike, answering all of their questions and presenting the Society in a very positive way.

Over the weekend, eight new members joined and one former member rejoined, equalling the total of sign-ups from last year, which was an excellent result, and I'd like to echo Paul's welcome and hope that their membership will help and inspire them.

Thanks as well to the Warley Club; we'll be back again next year.

All the Best
Danny

Return to “Exhibitions”