LarkRail(Was CamRail)

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
steamraiser

LarkRail(Was CamRail)

Postby steamraiser » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:03 pm

CamRail that was held in Bradford on Avon has for this year moved to Larkhall on the east side of Bath, and is know called LarkRail.

LarkRail 2013.jpg

As you see the exhibition is only on for one day.
The center of Larkhall has a nice village feel to it with a wide variety of shops and is only a short bus ride or drive away from Bath city center.

Parking is mainly on street and restricted in the village center to 30 minutes so you may have to hunt around a few side roads and be prepared for a short stroll.
I am aware that Gerry Beale will be attending with two base boards from his Maiden Newton project, Laurie Griffin (7mm), and Jerry Clifford among others flying the 2mm flag.
Yours truly will be domonstrating the techniques of hand built track in 4mm along with Noel Anderson talking about his wagon bashing escapades.

There is local pub, cafe and other food shops within a few minutes walk of the hall.

I am advised that further details will be added in due course.

Gordon A
Bristol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steamraiser

Re: LarkRail(Was CamRail)

Postby steamraiser » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:11 am

Buses are either the 6 or the 7 from Bath Bus Station (next to the Bath Spa) through to Larkhall Square which is half way between the show venue and Simon's Titfield Thunderbolt bookshop, and its only a few minutes walk between the two. http://www.firstgrou...tor=3&source=sp
Thanks to Adrian (Hillside Depot) from RM Web.

Larkpark 1.jpg

I will be adding/confirming more details, but today I have mostly been drawing a map to show where the likely parking spaces are and also the positions of the bus stops on the two routes that serve the area from the centre of Bath.
Hope you can read that, feel free to ask questions.
Chris Nevard is also one of the exhibitors with his very clever and fascinating Polbrock Gurney layout and Chistopher Payne is bringing his "Pynton Tramway" as recently featured in "Railway Modeller".

Link to my webpage for show here I will be adding further details shortly and as they as are confirmed! [Edited by DC to actually add the link]

Simon

Note: Apologies, the bus service along the main road is the 13 and not the 213

Gordon A
Bristol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steamraiser

Re: LarkRail(Was CamRail) Update 1.

Postby steamraiser » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Another few confirmations for Larkrail on the 20th

Brian Osborn and his excellent "Branchlines" stand will be attending, Paul Marshall-Potter is very kindly bringing "Albion Yard" down to Larkrail for the day and the estimable John Bruce is bringing his EM "Works Yard".

On behalf of
Simon

Gordon A
Bristol

Return to “Exhibitions”