Perth Show - P4 layout wanted!

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
David Thorpe

Perth Show - P4 layout wanted!

Postby David Thorpe » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:38 am

I recently complained on RMWeb that this year's Perth Model Railway Show, generally considered to be one of the top two shows in Scotland, once again had no P4 layout. The organiser has replied to the effect that they are still actively seeking something suitable from the Scottish area and wondered if I had any suggestions. Burntisland is apparently booked for 2014. Anyone from the Scottish area like to volunteer a layout? The show is on 29th and 30th June, so pretty short notice, I'm afraid.

I do hope someone can manage this as the Scottish public doesn't get much opportunity to see P4. If anyone can help, please contact exhibitionmanager@perthmrc.com

DT

Tim V

Re: Perth Show - P4 layout wanted!

Postby Tim V » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Clutton will be at Glasgow 2014.

Are Perth prepared to pay expenses for layouts from over the border?
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

David Thorpe

Postby David Thorpe » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:49 pm

They seem to have at least half a dozen layouts from south of the border, including some from Very Far South! (http://www.perthmrc.com/page5.htm) That's pretty adventurous for a Scottish show, and although I don't know, I suspect that they may have used up most of the cash they have available for expenses which is why they have suggested a P4 layout from the "Scottish area".

DT

pheald

Postby pheald » Thu May 30, 2013 8:16 pm

The Scalefour Society will be represented by the North of Scotland Area Group year. We shall be taking along a static stand so if you are in the hall do drop in. As DaveyTee says Perth is worth a visit, it is is very much on the modellers calendar see you there.

http://www.perthmrc.com/page5.htm

There is an EM layout present "Cornwallis Yard" plus a wide variety of scales and gauges.

Should have said:

Saturday 29th June: Opens at 10.00 am until 5.30 pm
Sunday 30th June: Opens at 10.00 am until 5.00 pm
Last edited by pheald on Thu May 30, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Thu May 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Very Far South is indeed a good description of where Cornwallis Yard comes from, you couldn't get much further than Southampton! I shall be helping Alison, David and Ian with the layout but it does seem a shame that we are the only wider gauge presence at the show.

Philip

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Fri May 31, 2013 6:06 am

There will of course be some P4 layouts in Scotland that are available for shows, but I suspect the number is a bit limited. The fact that the organisers are prepared to spend money on importing layouts from the South is very good, but it might be useful if when that is done, they consider making some of these P4.

Terry Bendall

Return to “Exhibitions”