Scaleforum 2012 - Details

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Steve Carter

Re: Scaleforum 2012 - Details

Postby Steve Carter » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Flymo748 wrote:
Mike Garwood wrote:Thanks Paul...for confirming my worst fears. Could have stayed in the car if I had to pay! :twisted:

Mike

I can see a new service being offered by the Society when we move to Stoke Mandeville...

A small boy scurries around all of the trade stands, and hands over a large black binliner, in return for a brown envelope and a promise of silence.

Cheers
P.

:?: Have I  stumbled into a different universe or  been transported back in time?
Steve Carter

David B

Postby David B » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Waterloo wrote: :?: Have I  stumbled into a different universe or  been transported back in time?

I think these might be re-cycled crossing sweepers ;) ;) from Dickens' London.

Mike Garwood

Postby Mike Garwood » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Thanks Danny.

Paul
Sounds like a winner to me, anything that lets my credit cards misbehave is fine by me.

cheers

Mike

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:00 pm

At very short notice we have a room available for overnight stay for Scaleforum if there is someone that requires one. This is booked at the Epsom South Premier Inn and is a double room for single occupancy for the Friday and Saturday nights. The cost will be £ 70 per night and breakfast will be extra at a cost of £7.99. The booking could probably be changed to be for two people if necessary and it would be possible for someone to use it for one night only if required.

If anyone is interested in taking this up please contact me direct at scaleforum@scalefour.org.

Terry Bendall

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:32 pm

We have been able to fill the trade space caused by the withdrawel of Exactoscale. The trader coming is new to Scaleforum and is R.G. Connor Signs and Graphics. They make full size signs (ie not to 4mm scale) and appear to have found a popular line in making look alike totem station name signs. I am not sure how much business he will do at Scaleforum but he rang me on the offchance this week to ask about space, having been successful at the recent Gauge O Guild show at Telford and I gather at the Epsom and Ewell Club show earlier in the year. Could be a way of getting that name board for the layout if nothing else. Signs are made while you wait.

Hope to see lots of you at the weekend.

Terry Bendall

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:38 pm

A late change to the Scaleforum line up. Unfortunately John McAleely who was due to do the Getting Started in P4 demonstration is now unable to come. He is required by his employer to work this weekend. I am very pleased to announce that Keith Norgrove has kindly agreed to do the demonstration instead and I am sure that those who are new to P4 will find much of interest on Keiths table.

As this was an unexpected and short notice change I have not had chance to prepare, but will do my best off the cuff. ;)
Anyone who would like to test my ability to offer help please bring along whatever you would like help with and I will do my best.
My current home project is baseboard wiring and I can't bring that along to get on with, so with no-one else's problems I'll get bored and that won't do.
See you there.
Keith
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

jjnewitt

Postby jjnewitt » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 pm

grovenor-2685 wrote:As this was an unexpected and short notice change I have not had chance to prepare, but will do my best off the cuff. ;)
Anyone who would like to test my ability to offer help please bring along whatever you would like help with and I will do my best.
My current home project is baseboard wiring and I can't bring that along to get on with, so with no-one else's problems I'll get bored and that won't do.
See you there.
Keith

I've got a Bachmann 9F sitting on my shelf and some Gibson wheels around somewhere... :twisted:

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:58 pm

jjnewitt wrote:
grovenor-2685 wrote:As this was an unexpected and short notice change I have not had chance to prepare, but will do my best off the cuff. ;)
See you there.
Keith

I've got a Bachmann 9F sitting on my shelf and some Gibson wheels around somewhere... :twisted:

if you say that loudly enough, you may get the Tatlow/Ainsworth collective doing a batch of twenty ;-)

Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

jjnewitt

Postby jjnewitt » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Flymo748 wrote:if you say that loudly enough, you may get the Tatlow/Ainsworth collective doing a batch of twenty ;-)
Flymo

Twenty P4 9Fs now that would be a sight to behold. A score of Spaceships! :D I'll mention it on the weekend and then watch them break out in a cold sweat.

John McAleely
Web Team

Postby John McAleely » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:51 am

grovenor-2685 wrote:
A late change to the Scaleforum line up. Unfortunately John McAleely who was due to do the Getting Started in P4 demonstration is now unable to come. He is required by his employer to work this weekend.

As this was an unexpected and short notice change I have not had chance to prepare, but will do my best off the cuff. ;)

Thank you all for tolerating this, and thank you Keith for stepping in. I am currently working my september and some of my october onsite with a customer, while we attempt to finalise a product 'for christmas'. It was all supposed to go more smoothly than it is...

Hopefully I will be back in the UK in time for my next area group meeting, at least.

Thanks again, and sorry to everyone I've inconvenienced. I will certainly miss the chance to be behind a desk at Scaleforum - I had been looking forward to it all year!

nigelcliffe

Postby nigelcliffe » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:24 am

jjnewitt wrote:
See you there.
Keith

I could ask one of the 2mm visiting society chaps if they've got an unassembled 9F kit. That should keep Keith busy for at least a day, and occupies virtually no space whatsoever. There's a photo of one printed in the Scaleforum guide which should help.

- Nigel

Return to “Exhibitions”