"Show within a show" - in practice

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Allan Goodwillie

Re: "Show within a show" - in practice

Postby Allan Goodwillie » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:28 pm

Thanks Steve, :)

With all this I am going to have to have a really good display for Perth then! Must not let the tablecloth down. Caley engines might just disappear against it. Thanks for the efforts that those involved have made. I hope it gets good use up this end of the country as all the groups are keen to recruit new members.

Allan :)

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:42 am

Tim V wrote:Very nice, is there a matching tea set?

DChairCup.jpeg

I've got mine, although I'll need a new cup after the AGM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:47 am

dcockling wrote:
Tim V wrote:Very nice, is there a matching tea set?

I've got mine, although I'll need a new cup after the AGM.

Oh dear, unintended consequences and costs!
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:48 am

Allan Goodwillie wrote:With all this I am going to have to have a really good display for Perth then!

I have absolutly no doubt that you and the rest if the members locally will do a very good job Allan! :D

Terry Bendall

Allan Goodwillie

Postby Allan Goodwillie » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:27 am

Thanks Terry, :)

We up here have always appreciated your efforts when you and your son have been up here in Scotland, Mike's regular presence has always been appreciated as well, I regard you and Mike to be good friends as we have met up so many times over the years, the Society I am sure must realise how well you have supported us.

I am hoping that having our own pop up shop as it were, will mean a more obvious presence at other shows around the place, but also hoping we might see a bit more of the committee up here in future years. If the S4 part of Perth continues to grow as more S4 layouts get built up here there should be a good future for the Scale, long after I am no longer around. I probably will be handing over to Fergus Duncan for next year as it will be 8 years since I started trying to increase our showing at Perth. Stan who runs the show has been excellent to work with and we have had a good understanding from the beginning, which is really the key to getting things like this to work as you know well Terry.

Going the other way we have been good over the years at making the effort to attend Scalefour North and Scalefourum, taking layouts and doing demos, all of which we have enjoyed enormously. We have a whole lot of members new to exhibiting up here that I know will enjoy the experience and will continue to be involved with their new layouts coming on stream over the next couple of years. Covid has put back some of this, but our numbers in the Starters Group are improving and people getting down to building that layout they always promised themselves.

It will be interesting to see what the West Group and the East Group decide on as their next projects as Garlieston and Burntisland are completed. So quite an interesting time up here. It's just a pity I am getting old! :cry: :)

Allan :)

Return to “Exhibitions”