Alex Jackson The man and the coupling

Products you use that you would like to recommend.
Tim V

Alex Jackson The man and the coupling

Postby Tim V » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:23 pm

I can recommend this book.

I have all the articles on the coupling that have been produced over the years, not by trying, but because I had the magazines. They give you the dimensions. However, what this book has is the tips to fine tune the coupling, plus giving ideas on where things go wrong.

I thought I knew it all, but I certainly didn't :!: The comment from Tony Williams about practice being needed, well I've just knocked up half a dozen, and each one gets easier than the last. Must get some more wire, maybe I'll get it right :!: A very inspiring book :D
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

davebooth

Re: Alex Jackson The man and the coupling

Postby davebooth » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:47 am

Tim V wrote:I can recommend this book.

I have all the articles on the coupling that have been produced over the years, not by trying, but because I had the magazines. They give you the dimensions. However, what this book has is the tips to fine tune the coupling, plus giving ideas on where things go wrong.

I thought I knew it all, but I certainly didn't :!: The comment from Tony Williams about practice being needed, well I've just knocked up half a dozen, and each one gets easier than the last. Must get some more wire, maybe I'll get it right :!: A very inspiring book :D

Thanks very much Tim for your kind comments. :P
It sounds as though I managed to achieve at least one of the two purposes of the book as shown at page 4.
At least that is, for one modeller! ;)

Tim V

Re: Alex Jackson The man and the coupling

Postby Tim V » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:25 pm

Dave

One thing I did was to make a pair of hooks out of a wire coat hanger - just like Tony's.

Made it easier to understand the drawings :!:
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Return to “Recommendations”