Modelling Engineering Wagons

Products you use that you would like to recommend.
DaveHarris

Modelling Engineering Wagons

Postby DaveHarris » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:11 pm

A trip in my local Smiths Newsagents produced a new 'modellers guide' on the modelling magazine shelves in the form of: Modelling British Railways - Engineers Wagons. There is a brief precis on each wagon type, and some very nice color photos of each wagon type. Although personally i work in the 1948 - 1967 era, and have more than a passing interest in Engineers wagons, the pictures of wagons in slightly later times are of such good quality that they are still very useful.

I note the Bendall's of this parish have edited and provided many of the photos in a well constructed and very useful publication.

kelly

Re: Modelling Engineering Wagons

Postby kelly » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:01 am

It is as expected really. Excellent photos and content.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:45 pm

Building the wagons that formed my contribution to the publication kept me gainfully employed during the first lockdown and there are more on the go. Currently eight Lima "Seacow" ballast hoppers are on their way through the paint shop most of which will need scratch built mesh roofs over the control platform and other detailing. Lots of finger singeing fun! :) There will hopefully be more publications in the same vein to come in due course.

Terry Bendall

kelly

Postby kelly » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:33 pm

Terry Bendall wrote:Building the wagons that formed my contribution to the publication kept me gainfully employed during the first lockdown and there are more on the go. Currently eight Lima "Seacow" ballast hoppers are on their way through the paint shop most of which will need scratch built mesh roofs over the control platform and other detailing. Lots of finger singeing fun! :) There will hopefully be more publications in the same vein to come in due course.

Terry Bendall

I very much look forward to future publications like this one.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

Return to “Recommendations”