PenBits Sprung Bogies - Update (Class 52) and AGM attendance

If you are making something new or have found something, announce it here.
ianpenberth

PenBits Sprung Bogies - Update (Class 52) and AGM attendance

Postby ianpenberth » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:07 pm

All being well, I will be bringing a limited trade stand along to the S4 AGM this coming Saturday 11th June. Due to changed personal circumstances, I'm having to decline most invitations to trade at exhibitions but, as things have turned out, I have been able to fit this one in. I will be travelling light and won't have much stock, so a pre-order would be very helpful if there is anything you'd like to purchase on the day.

I have not yet had to make any price increases for the kits though I am guessing that an impending restock may bring bad news on that front. I have increased P&P rates slightly as a 'simplification' in Royal Mail's pricing structure has almost doubled the cost of sending out a single kit.

I released kits for the Heljan Class 52 'Western' last year but have not had the chance to mention them here until now. There are two kits: PK019 is a straightforward build to give a working sprung suspension with some optional detail enhancements, while PK020 has all that but adds a full set of cosmetic details, including brakes, providing a bit more of a challenge ;) .

The Bolster and Subframe can be built with the bare minimum of parts required to make a functioning sprung suspension. Plastic details from the original loco can be modified and fitted to the builder's preference.

The basic kit also includes optional cosmetic parts for the distinctive secondary suspension outrigger beams. The plastic details can be 'mixed and matched' with these as desired.

The full kit provides brake and spring detail for the subframe. Brass wire is included for the coil springs themselves, though it is left to the builder to explore the therapeutic joys of coil spring winding (a guide is provided in the instructions). Again, the plastic mouldings can be used instead if preferred.

The full kit also provides underframe detail, including lifting points and brackets for the various filler and drain pipes, and a 3D printed part to represent the central suspension pillar. Micro-tubing and/or thin wire, not included in the kit, can be used to augment some of the detail, again according to personal preference.

The basic kit PK019 is priced at £36.00, with the full kit PK020 at £55.00, each plus £3.00 P&P. Full contact details for ordering, kit instructions and more information are available on the PenBits website, or go direct to the Class 52 Page, or the Class 52 Instructions (pdf) (large file, html instruction pages via this link).

IMG_2263_w800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ian
PenBits Model Railways - Diesel bogie springing and detailing

Return to “New Products”