code 75 n/s rail

If you are making something new or have found something, announce it here.
Hardwicke

code 75 n/s rail

Postby Hardwicke » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:33 pm

Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

bobwallison

Re: code 75 n/s rail

Postby bobwallison » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:35 am

Not only does it look good, but Exactoscale chairs fit very nicely - smooth but not loose. By contrast, I was finding it increasingly difficult to thread them onto C&L rail without causing massive distortion.

I was able to buy Karlgarin rail from my local model shop, presumably because they already stocked Phoenix paints. It's a real consideration when minimum postage is £10.

Bob

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:38 pm

I'm glad you've tried it as some rails can be a bit tight.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:08 pm

bobwallison wrote:Not only does it look good, but Exactoscale chairs fit very nicely - smooth but not loose. By contrast, I was finding it increasingly difficult to thread them onto C&L rail without causing massive distortion.

I was able to buy Karlgarin rail from my local model shop, presumably because they already stocked Phoenix paints. It's a real consideration when minimum postage is £10.

Bob

Don't leave us hanging Bob... Which model shop was that? Name names...

Cheers
Paul
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

bobwallison

Postby bobwallison » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:55 am

Hi Paul.
It's John Dutfield of Chelmsford. You won't find any loco kits there, but they are quite good as far as general modelling supplies go. Not sure if they stock Karlgarin rail on a regular basis since I haven't been there since I bought my first pack.
Regards,
Bob

Julian Roberts

Postby Julian Roberts » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:56 pm

I seem to recall it being said that rail supplied by the Societies (EMGS too) was deteriorating in conformity to the standards re the gauge corner and otherwise because the die (?) was worn out. Is this rail better from that point of view too I wonder...? It looks nicely rounded in the photo. I'm sceptical whether that makes much difference to running but I think it was being claimed that it would. Not having bought any for years I'm not up with what rail should normally cost but need to buy quite a bit soon so I'm interested in this, thanks for the alert.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:25 pm

bobwallison wrote:Hi Paul.
It's John Dutfield of Chelmsford. You won't find any loco kits there, but they are quite good as far as general modelling supplies go. Not sure if they stock Karlgarin rail on a regular basis since I haven't been there since I bought my first pack.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for that - I did wonder if that was where you were referring to.

We went over to Chelmsford to restock the kitchen cupboards between Lockdown 1.0 and Lockdown 2.0 - it's where our nearest proper Chinese supermarket is. Whilst we were there, I popped in and picked up a few bits and pieces.

When we are all back out of these strange situations, I'll drop in again and see what they have. It is good to be able to support a "proper" model shop.

Cheers
Paul
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “New Products”