AK Weathering Wash for Panzer Grey...

If you are making something new or have found something, announce it here.
David Thorpe

Re: AK Weathering Wash for Panzer Grey...

Postby David Thorpe » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:07 pm

I have to say that I've found U-Pol excellent.

DT

shipbadger

Postby shipbadger » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:14 am

For those in the UK Halfords now do their own etching primer at about half the price of the U-Pol one. I've only used it on full size wagons (ventilator bonnets on 12T vent vans) so can't comment on how it works on smaller items.

David Thorpe

Postby David Thorpe » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:12 am

shipbadger wrote:For those in the UK Halfords now do their own etching primer at about half the price of the U-Pol one.

I've tried the Halford's own brand one and wouldn't recommend it. I used it to prime a coach which I then painted with Phoenix enamels. A little while later I applied some Tamiya masking tape to a small area of the coach side and when removed some of the paint peeled off with it exposing the bare brass, which suggested that the primer hadn't worked properly. I've had no such problems with the U-Pol brand although I would point out that care must be taken when spraying from the can to ensure that the model isn't flooded.

DT

Winander

Postby Winander » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:05 pm

Went to G Force Models to buy some pigments - seems they cannot add up too well £4.49 + £2.99 postage, £8.08 does not make :o
I wonder how many times we check these things.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard Hodgson
Organiser Scalefour Virtual Group. Our meeting invitation is here.

PeteT

Postby PeteT » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:26 pm

The maths is (3.74 + 2.99) x 1.2, so it isn't wrong just not exactly clear that the postage is ex vat.

Return to “New Products”