Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

If you are making something new or have found something, announce it here.
Dave Franks

Re: Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

Postby Dave Franks » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:00 pm

Thanks people, all orders bar one for bufferstops which need casting were posted this afternoon.

Cheers and keep safe.

Dave Franks.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:40 pm

Well, finally got the website to upload, there had been a problem with the host saying our account was out of date to which I countered but we're still being billed for the website, oh they said.... Eventually they sent a patch and a new pass code number and we've spent all afternoon trying to get it all to work, it did work eventually through Opera but wouldn't work on Firefox until we deleted our cache/history and uploaded again then all of a sudden it was there, way hey.
So, the Stanier 3P tank boiler fittings for the Judith Edge kit are now on the website in the miscellaneous section.
The LMS home page is showing November 2020 date, if you don't get the right page with a link or favourites then use the address www.lanarkshiremodels.com and save that as there may be a couple of ghost pages still around.

Cheers all
Dave Franks

Albert Hall

Postby Albert Hall » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:54 am

May I thank Dave for his excellent service this week. An order for loco lamps arrived from Scotland to North Somerset via Royal Mail within 48 hours. If only onward shipment to Vancouver Island on the far side of Canada could be as efficient! Just need to wait for items from other suppliers to arrive to make up the package.

Roy

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:08 pm

Been a long time since I was on here it seems, things have been very hectic with Lanarkshire Models these past two years however, the good news is I've managed to complete the masters for an LSWR standard bufferstop. At last! I hear someone say....

I was fortunate to have obtained a copy of an 1894 LSWR drawing which showed details which couldn'd be made out from photographs so the complicated brackets holding the beam in place have been replicated accordingly. The drawing shows old loco buffers fitted for bay platforms but the bufferstop will be available without or as an option.

Pictures of the masters for the mould held together with 'Bluetac'

LSWR bufferstop.JPG

And with old buffers

LSWR bufferstop with buffers.JPG

Also I've been working on a GWR Collett parallel loco buffer which should go into the same mould to multiply up for a production mould.

Cheers,

Dave Franks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

essdee

Postby essdee » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:37 pm

Ah-ya beauty! Literally.

How did you guess, Dave? 'Just-in-time' design to perfection. Seven sidings-worth at Braysdown & Writhlington Colliery Sidings (1922) await eventual buffering.....

Happy Days - Thank You.

All best,

Steve D.

essdee

Postby essdee » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:39 am

Further - while skimming RMWeb, I have just picked up from your posting there - an eagle-eyed admirer noted how the vertical rails bend under the 'running' rail, to counter any over-shunt deformation...

Have to admit I have never, ever noticed this feature before anywhere (must do better); nicely replicated here.

Steve

kelly

Postby kelly » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:13 pm

Great stuff Dave. Was good to see you and catch up at Wakefield.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:31 pm

They look stunning David. I'm really looking forward to getting theses and no more will I have to climb up on to my layout {Edington Junction} to rerail a wagon that has dropped off the end of the Down Siding, which is well out of reach of my grubby little mits.

All Best

Dave {aka Paul}

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:27 pm

Hi People, thanks for the comments.
Steve D, I was thinking of your project all the time I was sitting on the half made masters, sic..... The tucked under vertical rails are quite rare on other railways so I wouldn't waste time looking for them.

Kelly, thanks, nice to see you're recovering well from your accident.

Dave (akaPaul), thanks, sent you and three other interested parties an email yesterday just to say the stops are now ready for the moulding stage.

Things have 'suddenly' gone quiet with the business (I can't think why), so I should have even more time for catching up on projects both my own and the business.

Cheers,
Dave

David Knight

Postby David Knight » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:02 pm

Hi Dave,

Any change in your policy of not shipping to Canada?

Cheers,

David

Martin Kelly

Postby Martin Kelly » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:54 am

Hello Dave,

Sorry for the question here but I couldn't see an obvious answer on your website. Do you offer your Oleo buffer shanks pre-drilled to accept MJT sprung buffer heads? If so, what's the best way to order them from you?

Thank you!
Martin

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:55 pm

David Knight wrote:Hi Dave,

Any change in your policy of not shipping to Canada?

Cheers,

David

Hi David, sorry but our business insurance specifically mentions the America's and that they won't insure any goods sent there.

Regards.
Dave Franks.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:08 pm

Martin Kelly wrote:Hello Dave,

Sorry for the question here but I couldn't see an obvious answer on your website. Do you offer your Oleo buffer shanks pre-drilled to accept MJT sprung buffer heads? If so, what's the best way to order them from you?

Thank you!
Martin

Hi Martin, we don't offer the OLEO or Dowty buffer drilled as the buffer shanks vary in size between different manufacturers, most other buffer shanks are 1mm and 2.5mm however, if you measure accurately the diameter of the OLEO shank I could drill them to that size but at your risk.

Regards,
Dave Franks.

Martin Kelly

Postby Martin Kelly » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:35 am

Thanks Dave, that's good to know. I'm planning to pick up some sample buffer heads at Scaleforum at the end of September, so I'll get in touch with you after I've measured them.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:09 pm

Our new Bufferstop LSWR BS27 has been cast and trial built so here are some quick photos.

BS27 Bufferstop.JPG

BS27 Bufferstop, rear.JPG

Detail was difficult to see on some photos then I got a copy of an 1894 LSWR drawing so I was able to add the correct details of the fixings..

BS27 Bufferstop, detail.JPG

Also available as an option is the stop with buffers fitted as per the drawing.

BS27 Bufferstop with buffers.JPG

I could also supply a later replacement plain bufferbeam with square ends or different loco buffers on request.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:54 pm

Hi David. They are looking good. When will we be able to order them please? Also do you still do them in packs of 6?

All Best

Dave

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:55 pm

Thanks Dave, the bufferstops should be on the website end of the week, I've still got the instructions to write and box lid labels to do. They come in singles or a box of five.
Yesterday orders bucked the recent downward trend so I've got some casting and packaging to do tomorrow.

Regards,
Dave.

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:35 pm

Thanks David, I'll keep an eye out. With the pack of five, would it be possible to have four without buffers and one with please?

All Best

Dave

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:19 pm

Serjt-Dave wrote:Thanks David, I'll keep an eye out. With the pack of five, would it be possible to have four without buffers and one with please?

All Best

Dave

PM sent Dave.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:28 pm

Hooray.... NEW LSWR bufferstops BS27 are up on the website at last, took a wee while to get the website to load up, an update we didn't know about apparently.

Link to BS27 page:-
http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com/lanarkshiremodelsandsupplieswebsite_251.htm

Also check out the 'CLEARANCE' items, there may be a bargain you've been looking for.

If you have us in favourites you may need to update our address:- http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Cheers all

essdee

Postby essdee » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:25 am

THE perfect antidote to returning from a week away, to find that the ceiling leak recently 'cured' by renewing the pointing of chimney flashing - was actually partly due to a weeping overflow joint in the cold water tank, as well. Just one of those coincidences....

An order on its way over the ether,

Thanks Dave, a really lovely job there, and a real spur to track-laying at last.

Keep well & safe, both,

Steve

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:31 am

Hi, have had a mad rush for the clearance items on the website this morning so some items are already sold out. I'll keep monitoring sales to keep it up to date.
Also forgot to say we now have oil of the type used on Portescap motor/gearbox units, yes the red stuff, works well with Highlevel gearboxes too been using it myself and it seems to quieten down gears.

Dave

Martin Kelly

Postby Martin Kelly » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:39 am

Hi Dave,

After an illness-induced delay, I'd like to resume the conversation about pre-drilled Oleo buffer shanks. I think I now have all the relevant information, so I'm going to PM you rather than fill the public thread with a topic probably not of much interest to other readers.

Hope that works for you,
Martin

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:06 pm

New loco buffer available now.

LB19 - GWR Collett Parallel Loco buffer. 1’81/2” 16” head
Typical Modern GWR Loco Buffer. Also used as a replacement on older locomotives.

LB19.JPG

A very cruel picture but it shows the detail of the eight bolts on the flange.

Also more stuff added to the Clearance lines

Cheers,

Dave Franks.

jim s-w

Postby jim s-w » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:07 am

Thats very timely ;)
Jim Smith-Wright

http://www.p4newstreet.com

Over thinking often leads to under doing!

Return to “New Products”