Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

If you are making something new or have found something, announce it here.
Dave Franks

Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

Postby Dave Franks » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi All, just finished test building the new etches which came the other day. I've been getting 'pestered' for a number of years to do Caledonian Railway coupling rods as I'm told the ones in kits are not upto modern standards so now we have correctly jointed rods for Caley 498 'Beetle Crusher'. Caley 294 'Jumbo' which also suit 711, 211, 29, 782 classes. Caley 812 and 30, 34, 300, 652 classes. Plus four coupled rods for Caley 439 tank which also suits 19, 92, 104, 879 classes. A universal fret to suit 4-4-0 locos which can be made up for wheelbases up to 9'0'' (sorry,that should read 9'9'') fluted or plain. All have the distinctive bosses of the Caley Railway and the universal one also has plain round bosses for later LMS replacement rods plus other classes such as Midland compounds, 2Ps etc.

Caley Jumbo Coupling rods.JPG

A cruel picture of the new coach buffer for Thompson non-corridor coaches and NPCS such as BZ and by filing a flat on the top the LNER CCT from Parkside/PECO.

LNER Thompson coach buffer.JPG

Will be at Perth this weekend so see some of you there.

Dave Franks
http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Dave Franks on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

essdee

Re: Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

Postby essdee » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:28 pm

Superb job, Dave; having the 'corks' as well is a bonus.

I have, sadly, 'missed the boat' for Caley builds, but your universal four-coupled rods are nicely timed for forthcoming S&D, and other, 4-4-0s..

Order to follow!

Cheers,

Steve

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:02 pm

Hi Steve, how are you keeping? Rods should be going on the website soon and the four coupled universal one still needs the instructions finishing, well actually started if the truth be known.... ;)

Cheers,
Dave Franks.

essdee

Postby essdee » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi Dave,
Thanks - good news! We are drying out after a badly-timed fortnight in Lewis - mind you, Lewes seems to have had it just as bad. But the sun shone for two days in Balerno en route home, and just had a great weekend here, introduced my cousin to Tan Hill Inn. We go again, end of August, NW Sutherland........

Funnily enough, re instructions, am just writing out how to dismantle the last commission, for the customer before it goes away to paintshop; thank goodness I took a host of pics during the build.

Amidst rampant garden growth, family visits and visitors and some mooted 'Round Two' plumbing and leccy work, the workbench chair has gone stone-cold awhiles. But a Rumney Models MR 0-4-4T chassis, courtesy of Messrs. Newitt and Tarver, is under way - stretched a tad for an Avonside SDJR 0-4-4T. Hmmm, now that's going to need some nice universal rods too?

My current loco plans are all four-coupled now - Yay!

Catch you some-when, I hope?

Cheers,

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

iak

Postby iak » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:34 am

Nice...... :thumb
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:22 am

Well, the new rods were well received at Perth with the Jumbo selling out and some of the others well down. Only got the instructions finished and the rods packaged on the Thursday so I'm happy, will order some more etches and adjust the numbers to suit the interest shown.
Still to try out the universal four coupled rods and finish the instructions for those. After the feedback received I'm now thinking of doing a universal six coupled set as quite a number of other Scottish locos had similar type rods, Highland and North British for instance. ;)

Dave Franks.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:14 am

Hi guys and gals, thanks for the interest in the new coupling rods both on here and by email and also thanks to the one person that pointed out that the four coupled rods would not suit the LMS Compounds as they are 9'6'' centres and I had quoted 9'0''. My bad.... I should have said our universal rods will suit upto and including 9'9'' so covering the LMS/MR 2Ps and Compounds. Sorry about that. :(
All the new rods will be on the website once a wee problem with the website host is sorted out.... Although if desperate one could always send me an email with your wants and we can sort out the payment in some way. ;)

All the best,
Dave Franks

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:50 pm

New items now ready to go in a mould for multiplying up. Two NER loco buffers, a very small loco buffer which will actually feature on the LSWR bufferstop but will be available separately and finally...... The much asked for early DMU buffer and the angled stool to fit it onto certain vehicles, we already do the OLEO replacement buffer so the stools will be available separately.
Pictures to follow.

Dave Franks.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Okay, after a fight with the website hosts and a long time sorting broken links all the new stuff is on the website. NER loco buffers, DMU buffers and stools, Caledonian coupling rods, Universal 4 coupled rods, LNER electric lamps, CSB anchors as per our tender chassis, Valvegear rivets as per our rods, OLEO DMU buffers and something I've been playing with on Wharfeside for the past year:-

Jackson coupling dropper.JPG

Available as a pack of ten droppers with iron links, enough for five wagons.

Some items may be in short supply till more etches arrive but we have enough for the moment.

Cheers,
Dave Franks

Last edited by Dave Franks on Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:09 am

The AJ Coupling dropper looks interesting Dave.

PM sent

Steve
Steve Carter

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 pm

Thanks Steve, well the Jackson coupling dropper has been very well recieved and is almost sold out so I've done an Instanter version as well, I have a lot of BR Standard fitted wagons and vans which should have Instanter couplings with 1'6'' buffers as built so it's slightly selfish. These and more stocks are at the etchers now. More Caley rods too plus a universal 6 coupled rod along the lines of the first picture on the thread which can be made up for Caledonian etc. or with alternative bosses for other railways including that small railway in the west called, if I remember correctly, GWR.

Cheers.
Dave Franks.

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:35 pm

Oooh err Mrs :D
Steve Carter

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:25 pm

More new items from LMS:- Universal 0-6-0 coupling rods for small/medium inside cylinder locos, photo to follow and on the website next week.

Magnetic Instanter dropper for Jackson couplings
Just noticed the twist in the iron link....

Instanter dropper.JPG

And something I've been working on from Highlevel kits, a trial build of Chris's latest kit. Posted with Chris's permission.
Highlevel D10 front.JPG

Highlevel D10 rear.JPG

Lovely little gem and a beautiful ultraslow runner.
See us and this on the Highlevel stand at Workshop Wise in Stannington near Newcastle on Tyne this Saturday.

Dave Franks

Le Corbusier

Postby Le Corbusier » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:53 pm

Dave Franks wrote:More new items from LMS:- Universal 0-6-0 coupling rods for small/medium inside cylinder locos, photo to follow and on the website next week.

Dave Franks

Excellent .... can't wait :D
Tim Lee

Julian Roberts

Postby Julian Roberts » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:10 am

Exquisite little loco Dave. That AJ uncoupling dropper looks good and also looks as though it's much easier to fit than other AJ uncoupling devices.

sebring115

Postby sebring115 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:35 pm

I’ve just fitted my first pair of droppers and they work really well, miles better than the panel pins I had been using, however what about a screw link version as well to complete the set? Mark

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:54 am

Thanks guys, I had the first droppers on my layout last year and demo-ed them at the Linlithgow Skills day this year, they seemed to go down well so I put them in the range and they are selling well and yes a screw coupling version is being worked on, I did a trial etch last year but I didn't like it so further work is ongoing.

Dave Franks

www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi all, just had a call from the Asthma nurse that oversees my COPD condition and I've been advised to stay at home for the duration so not really a change there then as I work from home anyway. Occasional visits to the post office would be okay with care so orders can be posted but, only once a week instead of most days..... Good stocks of everything as I was re-stocking for Scalefour North so no problem there.

Anyway, everyone keep safe and WASH YER HANDS.

Dave Franks

www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:51 pm

Hi Dave, yes it would have been nice meeting up at S4N but it's not to be. Like yourself I have a chronic condition but mine suppresses my immune system so if I get it I'm done for.

Anyway did you get the LSWR buffer stops finished?

All Best and Keep Safe

Dave

iak

Postby iak » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:31 pm

Take it easy David, just keep the medicinal beverages handy... :thumb
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:17 am

Aye will do. A nice mug of tea.

Dave

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:06 pm

iak wrote:Take it easy David, just keep the medicinal beverages handy... :thumb

If all else fails you can always wash your hands in them - although I'd rather take them internally and hope the alcohol will seep outwards.............

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:52 pm

Order arrived today.
Great service Dave.
Thanks
Stay safe
Steve
Steve Carter

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:34 pm

Hi Steve, thanks for that.
Have posted a load of orders today so if you're awaiting an order from the 24th onwards it's on the way.

Cheers all and keep safe.

Dave Franks

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:21 am

Posting this afternoon so last orders for the week, if they are doable they'll be posted today.

Cheers and keep safe.

Dave Franks
lmsmodel@aol.com

Return to “New Products”