London Road Models new products

If you are making something new or have found something, announce it here.
Jol Wilkinson

London Road Models new products

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:24 am

The latest new kits from London Road Models are;

LNWR Water Column
This is the type that was controlled by a below ground valve and which were both ground and platform mounted. Sometimes they were mounted straight into the platform without the base being visible and without the drain A split cover gave access to underground located valve.
The kit has options to produce either. The column is lost wax cast brass, with etched parts for the base, drain, valve shaft support, etc., a section of textured "hose" and instructions. £9:00

LRM LNWR water crane 1.jpg

LNWR Station Hand Cart
This kit produces a model of the small hand cart used on LNWR stations as shown in Fig 8 and Plate 2/148 on pages 66 and 67 of LMS Lineside (WSP). They were mainly used for small parcels, books and magazines (WHS had bookshops on larger LNWR stations), blankets and foot wamers for passengers in earlier days, etc. They were painted LNWR carriage lake, with black metalwork. The kit contains .012" brass etch and brass wire to make one trolley with instructions. £4.90

LRM LNWR Parcel hand cart.jpg

LNWR Four wheel station trolley.
This is a model of one of the common LNWR 4W station trolleys. The kit makes the 6ft standard type as shown on page 70 of LMS Lineside (WSP). Used for larger parcels and packages, mail bags, etc. they lasted into BR days and were a common sight on station platforms. The kit contains .012" brass etch and brass wire to make one trolley with instructions. £4.90

LRM LNWR 4 wheel trolley.jpg

LNWR Fog Shelter
This kit produces a Fogman’s shelter as shown in “LNWR Portrayed by Jack Nelson. During the summer months when not needed they could be found stored near signal boxes for maintenance. It is likely that the shelters were generally painted black, although typically few photos of such mundane items are hard to find.
The photo shows the test etch model. Production etches have the door opening blanked out, as they normally appeared. The kit contains a .012" brass etch to make one shelter and instructions. £4.95.

LRM Fogmans shelter.jpg

Available through the LRM website;

https://traders.scal...itectural-kits/

or at selected shows including Scalefour North on 1st and 2nd April;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jsherratt

Re: London Road Models new products

Postby jsherratt » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:56 am

The trolleys look very nice and rather tempting!

John

Highpeak

Postby Highpeak » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:53 pm

They all look very good, but there is something about that luggage trolley that is especially appealing. I have no real need for one but I suspect I'll be buying one anyway because it just looks good.
Neville
If at first you don't succeed, try reading the instructions.

dal-t

Postby dal-t » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:11 pm

Glad to see the research into the water columns led to such a useful outcome, just wish my location had had one (but I think a couple might have to wend their way out here regardless, just in case they're needed for some future undefined project). Our game with the parcel trolley used to be to ride on it and try steering with the handle in the 'raised' position - until the porters caught us, of course. And it was virtually impossible, amazing we never ended up on the tracks. So I feel a small diorama coming on, just a section of platform, gents' urinal, and the trolley with me and a couple of mates aboard, entitled "Sunny Afternoon, Waiting for Something to be Pegged". Thanks for the opportunity to wallow in more nostalgia ...
David L-T

Jol Wilkinson

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:25 pm

Pleased to see that these are of interest. These were designed for John Redrup as I want some of the Water Columns for London Road. The Hand Cart, 4W Trolley and Fog Hut are all items I can find a use for, and for which the information was readily available.

The main reason for the new tool was some bits for LRM's former D&S kits, that owing to the way Danny Pinnock seemed to design his artwork, had run out. All the new small kits were effectively "fillers" for the tool, but are the sort of detailing stuff which is worth having.

Ian Everett

Postby Ian Everett » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:02 am

All very nice indeed. I think Bradford North Western needs a few trolleys and/or hand carts. Did they last to the BR era? The NER equivalents were still around Hull Paragon etc. in the early 60s.

The water tower is the same as I made out of bent plastic tube, scraps of brass etchings and lead shim for Clecklewyke. This was the easiest of those in Nelson's book to make but I accidentally snapped it off at the base so I will probably be crossing your palm with plastic card for it too shortly!

But of course the customer is never satisfied. Will LRM be making the later LNWR water towers with the bulbous tops? They were very common around MPDs etc. Or does any one e;se supply them? I think it was Les Green who made some lovely masters for these for the EM model of Lime Street. Maybe he could be asked nicely?

Ian

Jol Wilkinson

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Hi Ian,

Mikes Models make the other LNWR water column, available through Holts, so LRM has no plans to do that version.

http://www.holtmodelrailways.com/search ... arch=mikes

I think I've still got several in stock for London Road but will be using the LRM version instead as I want a couple platform mounted.

I am sure the LNWR trolleys lasted into BR days. They look just like those on Rugby Midland station when I were a lad.

I am sure that John Redrup (who is the proprietor of LRM, I am merely an unpaid serf) would greet your credit card with open arms.

Jol

dal-t

Postby dal-t » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:41 pm

The trolleys definitely lasted into BR (ancient though I am, I wasn't 'spotting' in Company times!). They, and platform seats, were part of my physical introduction to railway history - the written stuff came from Ian Allan, of course.
David L-T

triumph3

Postby triumph3 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:22 pm

Something else that is coming from London Rd Models is a fabulous model of a D17 LNWR brake van with a one piece resin casting for the body. I am part way through a build to test out the etches that make up the chassis.
[attachment=0]CD6BEC60-B5F4-49B6-ACB1-280A8DF8DDC7.jpeg[/attachment.

David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “New Products”