Alan Gibson RTR Conversion Sheets

If you are making something new or have found something, announce it here.
Paul Willis
Forum Team

Alan Gibson RTR Conversion Sheets

Postby Paul Willis » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:53 am

Not only a product that is new to me, but one that is available to all for free!

If you visited Scaleforum a couple of weeks ago, you can have hardly failed to notice the Alan Gibson stand, situated directly opposite the main entrance. You may also have noticed a selection of information sheets.

Not only does Alan Gibson have (I think that I'm right in saying) the widest range of P4 wheels that are currently available. There is also the potential to make use of the "Conversion Packs" for RTR locomotives. The way to do this is the subject of these information sheets. A range of locomotives are currently covered:

Bachmann 3F
    Bachmann 45xx
    Bachmann 4F
    Bachmann 57xx
    Bachmann A1
    Bachmann B1
    Bachmann D11/1
    Bachmann City
    Bachmann V2
    Heljan Class 16
    Hornby Class 08
    Hornby 42 and 52XX
    Hornby B17
    Hornby O1

So if you were unable to obtain one of the pre-converted RTR Bachmann Pannier tanks at this year's Scaleforum, this is the perfect step to be able to do it yourself. The sheet talks you through in straightforward stages, and is well illustrated by photographs of the various points.

The direct link to the Alan Gibson website is http://www.alangibsonworkshop.com and click on "Downloads". I understand that it is hoped to add further locomotive conversions to the list in future.

Cheers
Paul Willis
Marketing Manager
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: Alan Gibson RTR Conversion Sheets

Postby Paul Willis » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:27 pm

<ahem>

It appears that my announcement has caused some confusion in some quarters.

In saying that if you missed out on the Bachmann Pannier tanks you could convert one of your own, I didn't make it sufficiently clear that this is an alternative route to conversion by using the Alan Gibson wheels and following the downloaded instruction sheets.

The RTR conversions at Scaleforum this year were performed with Ultrascales, and administered by the earnest efforts of Messrs Tatlow and Ainsworth in producing that batch of locomotives.

Two different wheel manufacturers, two different approaches to the conversion job. Both are equally valid in producing a working P4 locomotive.
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

DougN

Re: Alan Gibson RTR Conversion Sheets

Postby DougN » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:53 pm

Flymo, it is great to see support for Alan Gibson and its owner Colin. With out Colin and his great service I don't think I would have gone down the P4 route. His increasing number of "conversion" sets (some assembly required) can only encourage more people to look at the idea of P4, where there is a learning curve, As easier than the old methods. Starters in the idea of fine scale need look no further than C&L/Exactoscale for track, Alan Gibson and Ultra scale for wheels and the RTR suppliers for rolling stock. A great way to encourage the "doing" side of the hobby.
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Return to “New Products”