Rumney Models - Still Closed But...

If you are making something new or have found something, announce it here.
Porcy Mane

Re: Rumney Models - Still Closed But...

Postby Porcy Mane » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:35 pm

jjnewitt wrote:Rumney Models Trading Update
I have a stack of jobs to do around the house before Autumn which makes reopening earlier a little tricky; no Furlough layouts being built here it’s been wall to wall work and childcare.

Justin,

I can lend you a pinny (or a tin of dulux)

Anyway, I'll be up for a few more of these when/if life returns to normal*. Must make a better job of the gedge crimp next time.

GedgeSlotMkI.jpg

*was there ever such a thing?

P

steamraiser

Re: Rumney Models - New Items, Temporary P&P Rates and Development News

Postby steamraiser » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:51 pm

steve howe wrote:
jjnewitt wrote:New Items

As of today the following new items are available to order:

M&SWJR 2-4-0 Loco and Tender Chassis (X.13 - £35)

This set of etches is intended for the Nucast Partners kit and can be built in OO, EM and P4. Both Loco and underframe can be built rigid or sprung using High Level hornblocks (not included). CSB plots are built in so if you wish to build it sprung you will not need to worry about setting them up. Removable keeper plates with cosmetic driving wheel spring detail are included as are full brakegear, balance weights and motion bracket/slidebars so there's something visible in between the loco frames. Springing wire is included.

Take care everyone in these troubling times and happy modelling.

Justin

Sorry if this is a Numpty question and being out of the loop, but what is the current situation with Nucast Partners? they don't seem to have a website and the main references seem to be old entries on RMWeb. Just interested to know how far the re-introduction of the NuCast range has got.

Steve

Try ringing Brian at Branchlines at Westbury if you have a specific question.
Gordon A

jjnewitt

Postby jjnewitt » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:59 am

steve howe wrote:Sorry if this is a Numpty question and being out of the loop, but what is the current situation with Nucast Partners? they don't seem to have a website and the main references seem to be old entries on RMWeb. Just interested to know how far the re-introduction of the NuCast range has got.

Just to add to what Gordon has already said NuCast partners are a joint venture between Brian Osborne at Branchlines and Dave Ellis at South Eastern Finecast. A call to either of them will provide helpful answers to any questions you have about the range. My only involvement with the resurection project has been to produce a few loco chassis for them, though the M&SWJR 2-4-0 has actually come about via a 3rd party not NuCast Partners.

Porcy Mane wrote:I can lend you a pinny (or a tin of dulux)

Fortunately for me no painting involved!
Porcy Mane wrote:Anyway, I'll be up for a few more of these when/if life returns to normal*. Must make a better job of the gedge crimp next time.

*was there ever such a thing?

Not round here... Nice work. Who's is the hook Mr P?

Justin

Porcy Mane

Postby Porcy Mane » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:33 am

Porcy Mane wrote:Nice work. Who's is the hook Mr P?

Ambis, LMS relieved. Part no. CH6_4.

P

steve howe

Postby steve howe » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:52 pm

jjnewitt wrote:
steve howe wrote:Sorry if this is a Numpty question and being out of the loop, but what is the current situation with Nucast Partners? they don't seem to have a website and the main references seem to be old entries on RMWeb. Just interested to know how far the re-introduction of the NuCast range has got.

Just to add to what Gordon has already said NuCast partners are a joint venture between Brian Osborne at Branchlines and Dave Ellis at South Eastern Finecast. A call to either of them will provide helpful answers to any questions you have about the range. My only involvement with the resurection project has been to produce a few loco chassis for them, though the M&SWJR 2-4-0 has actually come about via a 3rd party not NuCast Partners.

Justin

Rather than hijack Justin's thread any more, details of the currently re-issued NuCast/K's kits are here:

https://www.scalefour.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=7032

Hope there may be something of interest, more kits are in the pipeline.

Steve

Return to “New Products”