Rumney Models - To Reopen 1st September

If you are making something new or have found something, announce it here.
Porcy Mane

Re: Rumney Models - Still Closed But...

Postby Porcy Mane » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:35 pm

jjnewitt wrote:Rumney Models Trading Update
I have a stack of jobs to do around the house before Autumn which makes reopening earlier a little tricky; no Furlough layouts being built here it’s been wall to wall work and childcare.

Justin,

I can lend you a pinny (or a tin of dulux)

Anyway, I'll be up for a few more of these when/if life returns to normal*. Must make a better job of the gedge crimp next time.

GedgeSlotMkI.jpg

*was there ever such a thing?

P

steamraiser

Re: Rumney Models - New Items, Temporary P&P Rates and Development News

Postby steamraiser » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:51 pm

steve howe wrote:
jjnewitt wrote:New Items

As of today the following new items are available to order:

M&SWJR 2-4-0 Loco and Tender Chassis (X.13 - £35)

This set of etches is intended for the Nucast Partners kit and can be built in OO, EM and P4. Both Loco and underframe can be built rigid or sprung using High Level hornblocks (not included). CSB plots are built in so if you wish to build it sprung you will not need to worry about setting them up. Removable keeper plates with cosmetic driving wheel spring detail are included as are full brakegear, balance weights and motion bracket/slidebars so there's something visible in between the loco frames. Springing wire is included.

Take care everyone in these troubling times and happy modelling.

Justin

Sorry if this is a Numpty question and being out of the loop, but what is the current situation with Nucast Partners? they don't seem to have a website and the main references seem to be old entries on RMWeb. Just interested to know how far the re-introduction of the NuCast range has got.

Steve

Try ringing Brian at Branchlines at Westbury if you have a specific question.
Gordon A

jjnewitt

Postby jjnewitt » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:59 am

steve howe wrote:Sorry if this is a Numpty question and being out of the loop, but what is the current situation with Nucast Partners? they don't seem to have a website and the main references seem to be old entries on RMWeb. Just interested to know how far the re-introduction of the NuCast range has got.

Just to add to what Gordon has already said NuCast partners are a joint venture between Brian Osborne at Branchlines and Dave Ellis at South Eastern Finecast. A call to either of them will provide helpful answers to any questions you have about the range. My only involvement with the resurection project has been to produce a few loco chassis for them, though the M&SWJR 2-4-0 has actually come about via a 3rd party not NuCast Partners.

Porcy Mane wrote:I can lend you a pinny (or a tin of dulux)

Fortunately for me no painting involved!
Porcy Mane wrote:Anyway, I'll be up for a few more of these when/if life returns to normal*. Must make a better job of the gedge crimp next time.

*was there ever such a thing?

Not round here... Nice work. Who's is the hook Mr P?

Justin

Porcy Mane

Postby Porcy Mane » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:33 am

Porcy Mane wrote:Nice work. Who's is the hook Mr P?

Ambis, LMS relieved. Part no. CH6_4.

P

steve howe

Postby steve howe » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:52 pm

jjnewitt wrote:
steve howe wrote:Sorry if this is a Numpty question and being out of the loop, but what is the current situation with Nucast Partners? they don't seem to have a website and the main references seem to be old entries on RMWeb. Just interested to know how far the re-introduction of the NuCast range has got.

Just to add to what Gordon has already said NuCast partners are a joint venture between Brian Osborne at Branchlines and Dave Ellis at South Eastern Finecast. A call to either of them will provide helpful answers to any questions you have about the range. My only involvement with the resurection project has been to produce a few loco chassis for them, though the M&SWJR 2-4-0 has actually come about via a 3rd party not NuCast Partners.

Justin

Rather than hijack Justin's thread any more, details of the currently re-issued NuCast/K's kits are here:

https://www.scalefour.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=7032

Hope there may be something of interest, more kits are in the pipeline.

Steve

jjnewitt

Re: Rumney Models - To Reopen 1st September

Postby jjnewitt » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:26 am

I am pleased to announce that Rumney Models will reopen to orders on the 1st September 2020. There will be a few minor changes to how things were done before. Please make note of the following points of information:

• Lead times from my etchers have increased since the beginning of the year and given this I will no longer be taking payment for any items that I do not have in stock. I am happy to take orders for items that are not in stock, but payment will not be asked for until I actually have them. This however excludes those items listed on the special etches catalogue and I may ask for a deposit for large orders. To this end…

• All orders by email first. Please email any order for confirmation even if you intend on paying by cheque. I don’t want to have to sort out postal orders which include payment for items I don’t have.

• Postage and packing rates. For the rest of the year (2020) I will not be charge postage and packing on orders over £20. For orders of £20 and under P&P will be £1.50. postage and packing rates will be reviewed in the new year.

• I am planning on placing orders with my etchers on the following dates over the next six months. 1st October, 1st December, 1st February. Please bear this in mind.

• Opening hours: Rumney Models is a part time busines, “office hours” are currently Tuesday (half day), Thursday (half day), Friday (all day) and Saturday (all day). Please do not expect a response to orders or enquiries outside of those times. I’ve really enjoyed actually having time in the evenings to myself rather than spending it answering emails/orders and I’m not going to start doing it again.

• Cheques. I find it amazing the number of cheques that are made out in a way that I cannot cash despite it being clear on my ordering page and order form who they should be made out to. It’s a pain to sort out and something I feel I shouldn’t have to do. All cheques should be made payable to “Justin Newitt”.

• Please allow 28 days for delivery. Turnaround should be much quicker but note that I will only be going to the post office once or twice a week (most likely Tuesday and/or Thursday) which will cause a lag depending on when an order is placed. Also anything arriving by post will be quarantined for 3 days before opening and I will wait for cheques to clear (typically 2 days) before sending an order out. I can use my smartphone app to bank cheques but if the app doesn’t like the cheque (it happens occasionally) and I have to take it into a branch then that will create further delays. If Covid rears its ugly head either locally, or heaven forbid in my daughter’s nursery or in the home this could cause delays of up to 2 weeks, not to mention any localised disruption to the postal system. In short please be patient, I am a one man band with a young family not Amazon prime!
Happy modelling all.
Justin

Return to “New Products”