MRJ Binders

If you are making something new or have found something, announce it here.
Paulhb

Re: MRJ Binders

Postby Paulhb » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:29 pm

Just checked, all (26) present and correct, no spares.

Paul Bannerman

John Donnelly
Web Team

Postby John Donnelly » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Thanks, once again to Alastair.

I've spent the last few hours putting all my copies of MRJ in to the binders so rather than a huge pile of magazines, I now have this, all 254 issues safe for the future. The units, which I already had, that they are in are from IKEA and are, completely coincidentally, a perfect size for 7 binders...

The photo also betrays my other modelling passion which takes me away from railways now and again...

John

nf.newling

Postby nf.newling » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:01 pm

Half way through loading mine and con confirm that I have exactly my 26. I hope the others turn up.

essdee

Postby essdee » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:36 am

Hi John,

Looking very neat indeed! However, I am loth to part with 36 MRJ to level matter up!!

Good news that you have one of my errant binders -I was so engrossed at S4N that I totally forgot to go and collect mine (I was deep in technicals at 5.05pm with Neville from the USA, as we started to pack up, and it was only John Chambers nabbing me in the car park that reminded me.....).

My PM facility here is still stuffed - we get a new system and Windows 10 on Saturday next, which may cause a further email hiccup. But Steve Carter will be able to give you my contact details.

Note to self - must get up to IKEA.....

Thanks for discovering that stray folder; two to go now....

Cheers,

Steve

John Donnelly
Web Team

Postby John Donnelly » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:46 am

No problem Steve, I shall get it in the post to you as soon as I get your address.

John

essdee

Postby essdee » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:54 am

Hi John,

Many thanks but please don't rush over it; it will be a while before I get around to my own binding! After a solid slog to get projects completed before S4North handovers, my brain is much, and we now have computer upgrade/holiday/house search to tackle in parallel........

Incidentally, your own projects are very inspirational for me. After 41 years I am again the owner of, if not a layout, but at least the baseboards for a proto-Clandown colliery branch of the SDJR. Although I am getting the hang of locos, I am reduced to total novice at baseboard level upwards....

Keep up the good work,

Cheers,

Steve

John Donnelly
Web Team

Postby John Donnelly » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:57 pm

essdee wrote:Hi John,

Incidentally, your own projects are very inspirational for me. After 41 years I am again the owner of, if not a layout, but at least the baseboards for a proto-Clandown colliery branch of the SDJR. Although I am getting the hang of locos, I am reduced to total novice at baseboard level upwards....

Keep up the good work,

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks for that Steve.

I don't want to derail the thread too much but having built only two layouts so far, baseboards are still somewhat of a learning curve for me as well.

My first layout (which you will have seen on the SLW stand at the weekend) used a core of foam insulation whereas the new layout uses 6mm MDF all round. Whilst the new layout is still manageable, the boards are are on the cusp of being too heavy for one person to manage with the result that I'll probably not be taking the layout to any shows so, for next one, I'd seriously consider going back to a foam core...

John

essdee

Postby essdee » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:34 pm

Bump.

No more stray binders out there?!

Steve

John Donnelly
Web Team

Postby John Donnelly » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:45 am

Steve - if you want to email me your address to john.donnelly@southpelawjunction.co.uk I'll get my extra binder in the post for you.

John

essdee

Postby essdee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:32 am

Thanks John,

That's great - sorry that you needed to reveal yours on forum, am emailing you mine now. We know our system is relatively ancient and security potentially porous, hence my reluctance to advertise ours on the broader ether! And the mystery failure of our PM send facility latterly has been the last straw - I advised John McA. not to spend further time on it.

New computer system/Windows 10 arriving Saturday - fingers crossed......

Cheers,

Steve

Paul Townsend

Postby Paul Townsend » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:39 pm

essdee wrote:Bump.

No more stray binders out there?!

Steve

I had checked I only have my correct 26.
Sorry, I forgot to announce it though.

John Donnelly
Web Team

Postby John Donnelly » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:48 pm

The extra binder I had has been reunited with it's rightful owner.

John

essdee

Postby essdee » Thu May 04, 2017 10:16 pm

BUMP!!

Over a month on from Scalefour North and the issue of two missing MRJ binders from my order remains live.

We should by now be clear of anyone having missed the calls (this thread, email) to check their own consignments, if they were away over Easter.

I will be going away shortly for an early summer break so would very much like to see this resolved, as I am now nearly through with filing my MRJ issues in the binders that I did collect from the show, and would like to complete the remainder.

It has already been demonstrated that one member innocently collected a surplus binder, now returned to me, many thanks - so I would ask anyone who has not got around to filing their Journals to please double check that they have the number of binders that they paid for?

Many thanks,

Steve

multivac

Postby multivac » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:28 pm

I would be interested in a set of binders and maybe others out there too?

Martin M

Postby Martin M » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:56 am

I need some more too

timlewis

Postby timlewis » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:50 pm

I could do with some more as well.

RedDragon

Postby RedDragon » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:00 pm

I looked into buying some of the Cordex binders with gold lettering just over a year ago. The minimum order quantity was for 50 pieces.

I did not proceed at the time as I could not justify this quantity with the risk of selling the surplus to my requirements. If enough people come forward, I want 8 possibly 10, to meet the MOQ, I am sure an order could be put together.

nf.newling

Postby nf.newling » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:32 am

I did not jump in when multivac resurrected this thread as I am well aware of the amount of (voluntary) effort that was involved to achieve the last bulk purchase on behalf of society members. However, if someone is prepared to take on this task, I would welcome the opportunity to buy another 8.
Nigel N

Martin M

Postby Martin M » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:13 pm

Happy to have some subject to price any ideal at all how much ..If I said a provisional 5? I have run out of the binders i normally use for MRJ so i am interested?
Martin

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:08 am

I would be interested too as I have a full set plus spares and I'd like to keep them tidy.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

RedDragon

Postby RedDragon » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:47 am

I will enquire from the manufacturer of the binders if they are still prepared to do a batch of 50 items and what the unit cost would be.

It will then be down to order commitments from those interested and whether the manufacturer will ship direct to each customer?

RedDragon

Postby RedDragon » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:33 pm

I have received a response from the manufacturer of these binders. They will be £6.00 each based on a batch of 50 units. They will be in green outer with Model Railway Journal gold block foiled along the spine, I have sent images of the last ones they produced I have to hand and they should be the same, however I cannot guarantee this of course.
So I guess the next stage is for the 5 or 6 people who have posted here with an expression of interest, if they could confirm the quantity they would like back to me by PM to ascertain a definitive quantity and I can confirm the number back to the manufacturer for a final quote.
Hardwicke, if you want to commit still I can drop yours off at the S4 Risley group to save onward shipping costs, for everyone else I could bring yours to S4 North to collect or you could arrange for collection yourself from my house in Derbyshire. Payment would have to be to me by cheque so I can consolidate a single payment to the manufacturer. I am obviously not looking to make a profit just to cover the costs.

I will be taking 10 pieces from this production run so the balance of the order quantity (40 odd units) will be on a first come first served basis.

I hope the interest is still there and look forward to you confirmation by PM

SteveT

Crepello

Postby Crepello » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:55 pm

What would be the capacity of each binder, and any chance of posting
your photo here too please?

Winander

Postby Winander » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:51 pm

Back in 2012 in this thread was this post viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1771&start=50#p14788 with photo. Capacity 12 issues.

Maybe someone who got the last ones that were ordered can confirm they are the same.
Richard Hodgson
Organiser Scalefour Virtual Group. Our meeting invitation is here.

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:56 pm

Mine are like that.
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Return to “New Products”