Rumney Models - New Items for September 2023

If you are making something new or have found something, announce it here.
Porcy Mane

Re: Rumney Models - Still Closed But...

Postby Porcy Mane » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:35 pm

jjnewitt wrote:Rumney Models Trading Update
I have a stack of jobs to do around the house before Autumn which makes reopening earlier a little tricky; no Furlough layouts being built here it’s been wall to wall work and childcare.

Justin,

I can lend you a pinny (or a tin of dulux)

Anyway, I'll be up for a few more of these when/if life returns to normal*. Must make a better job of the gedge crimp next time.

GedgeSlotMkI.jpg

*was there ever such a thing?

P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steamraiser

Re: Rumney Models - New Items, Temporary P&P Rates and Development News

Postby steamraiser » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:51 pm

steve howe wrote:
jjnewitt wrote:New Items

As of today the following new items are available to order:

M&SWJR 2-4-0 Loco and Tender Chassis (X.13 - £35)

This set of etches is intended for the Nucast Partners kit and can be built in OO, EM and P4. Both Loco and underframe can be built rigid or sprung using High Level hornblocks (not included). CSB plots are built in so if you wish to build it sprung you will not need to worry about setting them up. Removable keeper plates with cosmetic driving wheel spring detail are included as are full brakegear, balance weights and motion bracket/slidebars so there's something visible in between the loco frames. Springing wire is included.

Take care everyone in these troubling times and happy modelling.

Justin

Sorry if this is a Numpty question and being out of the loop, but what is the current situation with Nucast Partners? they don't seem to have a website and the main references seem to be old entries on RMWeb. Just interested to know how far the re-introduction of the NuCast range has got.

Steve

Try ringing Brian at Branchlines at Westbury if you have a specific question.
Gordon A

jjnewitt

Postby jjnewitt » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:59 am

steve howe wrote:Sorry if this is a Numpty question and being out of the loop, but what is the current situation with Nucast Partners? they don't seem to have a website and the main references seem to be old entries on RMWeb. Just interested to know how far the re-introduction of the NuCast range has got.

Just to add to what Gordon has already said NuCast partners are a joint venture between Brian Osborne at Branchlines and Dave Ellis at South Eastern Finecast. A call to either of them will provide helpful answers to any questions you have about the range. My only involvement with the resurection project has been to produce a few loco chassis for them, though the M&SWJR 2-4-0 has actually come about via a 3rd party not NuCast Partners.

Porcy Mane wrote:I can lend you a pinny (or a tin of dulux)

Fortunately for me no painting involved!
Porcy Mane wrote:Anyway, I'll be up for a few more of these when/if life returns to normal*. Must make a better job of the gedge crimp next time.

*was there ever such a thing?

Not round here... Nice work. Who's is the hook Mr P?

Justin

Porcy Mane

Postby Porcy Mane » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:33 am

Porcy Mane wrote:Nice work. Who's is the hook Mr P?

Ambis, LMS relieved. Part no. CH6_4.

P

steve howe

Postby steve howe » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:52 pm

jjnewitt wrote:
steve howe wrote:Sorry if this is a Numpty question and being out of the loop, but what is the current situation with Nucast Partners? they don't seem to have a website and the main references seem to be old entries on RMWeb. Just interested to know how far the re-introduction of the NuCast range has got.

Just to add to what Gordon has already said NuCast partners are a joint venture between Brian Osborne at Branchlines and Dave Ellis at South Eastern Finecast. A call to either of them will provide helpful answers to any questions you have about the range. My only involvement with the resurection project has been to produce a few loco chassis for them, though the M&SWJR 2-4-0 has actually come about via a 3rd party not NuCast Partners.

Justin

Rather than hijack Justin's thread any more, details of the currently re-issued NuCast/K's kits are here:

https://www.scalefour.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=7032

Hope there may be something of interest, more kits are in the pipeline.

Steve

jjnewitt

Re: Rumney Models - To Reopen 1st September

Postby jjnewitt » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:26 am

I am pleased to announce that Rumney Models will reopen to orders on the 1st September 2020. There will be a few minor changes to how things were done before. Please make note of the following points of information:

• Lead times from my etchers have increased since the beginning of the year and given this I will no longer be taking payment for any items that I do not have in stock. I am happy to take orders for items that are not in stock, but payment will not be asked for until I actually have them. This however excludes those items listed on the special etches catalogue and I may ask for a deposit for large orders. To this end…

• All orders by email first. Please email any order for confirmation even if you intend on paying by cheque. I don’t want to have to sort out postal orders which include payment for items I don’t have.

• Postage and packing rates. For the rest of the year (2020) I will not be charge postage and packing on orders over £20. For orders of £20 and under P&P will be £1.50. postage and packing rates will be reviewed in the new year.

• I am planning on placing orders with my etchers on the following dates over the next six months. 1st October, 1st December, 1st February. Please bear this in mind.

• Opening hours: Rumney Models is a part time busines, “office hours” are currently Tuesday (half day), Thursday (half day), Friday (all day) and Saturday (all day). Please do not expect a response to orders or enquiries outside of those times. I’ve really enjoyed actually having time in the evenings to myself rather than spending it answering emails/orders and I’m not going to start doing it again.

• Cheques. I find it amazing the number of cheques that are made out in a way that I cannot cash despite it being clear on my ordering page and order form who they should be made out to. It’s a pain to sort out and something I feel I shouldn’t have to do. All cheques should be made payable to “Justin Newitt”.

• Please allow 28 days for delivery. Turnaround should be much quicker but note that I will only be going to the post office once or twice a week (most likely Tuesday and/or Thursday) which will cause a lag depending on when an order is placed. Also anything arriving by post will be quarantined for 3 days before opening and I will wait for cheques to clear (typically 2 days) before sending an order out. I can use my smartphone app to bank cheques but if the app doesn’t like the cheque (it happens occasionally) and I have to take it into a branch then that will create further delays. If Covid rears its ugly head either locally, or heaven forbid in my daughter’s nursery or in the home this could cause delays of up to 2 weeks, not to mention any localised disruption to the postal system. In short please be patient, I am a one man band with a young family not Amazon prime!
Happy modelling all.
Justin

jjnewitt

Rumney Models - June 2022 Update & New Items

Postby jjnewitt » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:53 am

After what seems like an age, I have finally managed to put together a new price list and properly updated the Rumney Models website. I’m less pleased to say that with this price list comes price rises. More on the latter further down but first the good news and new items. All are 4mm scale.

LMS Riveted Coach Bogie (1).jpg

Complete kits for LMS Riveted Coach Bogies (E.110A and E.110B - £27 per pair)

These follow on from the BR coach bogies produced a couple of years ago. There are two kits, E.110A (late vertical Platefront axleboxes) and E.110B (early sloping Platefront axleboxes). The only difference between the two kits is the axleboxes. Fully sprung, EM/P4 only.

Chassis kit for the Bachmann LMS 1P (X.04B - £44)

A replacement chassis for the recent Bachmann model which can be built in EM/P4. Includes 3D printed sandboxes, brake cylinder and boiler bottom.

Bachmann LMS 1P.jpg

Plate Freight Bogies with 3D Printed Sideframes (PG.01-05 - £14 per pair)

The Rumney Models plate freight bogies have been updated to include 3D printed cosmetic sideframes to be used on the same sort of etch sprung bolster arrangement as before. There are a couple of new types.

• PG.01 BR standard with oil journals
  • PG.02 BR standard with roller bearings
  • PG.03A GWR early lightweight – no external top angle
  • PG.03B GWR early lightweight – external top angle
  • PG.04 GWR standard
  • PG.05 GWR heavy duty
BR/Ivatt Class 2 Loco Detailing (X.21 - £8.50)

A fret of various detailing parts designed by Dave Holt. Intended for the tank locos but some of the parts are also applicable to the tender versions. Includes balance weights, cab doors, injector parts, vacuum diaphragm brackets, tank straps, lamp irons, lubricator drive and buffer beam gussets.

3D Printed Wagon Springs & Axleboxes (Various codes - £4 per set of four)

High quality resin prints with the spring/axlebox are printed as one part as per my castings. The axleboxes come slotted to suit my sprung underframes.

• PFR.07 BR Hybox with 7 leaf spring
  • PFR.08 BR Hybox with 8 leaf spring
  • PFR.09 BR Hybox with 9 leaf spring
  • PFT.07 LMS HD Platefront axlebox with 7 leaf spring
  • PFV.07 LNER HD cast axlebox with 7 leaf spring
  • PFZ.BRCCT BR CCT springs and axleboxes
  • Various BR Palvan springs with BR oil axleboxes and roller bearings

Further details can be found on the Rumney Models website.

Price Rises

Few will fail to have notice recent price rises in all sorts of areas and with Rumney Models still operating under a pricing structure that was created nearly ten years ago, prices had to go up at some point. Recent sharp rises in material and energy costs have brought this into focus. The real spanner in the works has been my etchers recent decision to change their pricing structure from paying by the size of tool to fixed size sheets. This means that some of my sheets are now costing me 60% more than they did last year! Not everything has gone up, especially where I have large stocks or my existing sheets fit nicely within my etchers new size parameters, but some things have gone up a lot. This is extremely frustrating. The new prices reflect what I have to pay to my suppliers.

A few items have been withdrawn or will be withdrawn when stocks have been exhausted. These are noted on the website and price list.

Postal Charges

This update sees the reintroduction of postal charges. These will now be £1.75 for orders with a total goods value of no more than £30 and £3.50 for orders with a total goods value over £30.

Exhibitions

Rumney Models will be at the Scalefour Society’s AGM in Bristol on the 11th June and at Scaleforum in September.

Happy modelling,
Justin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Porcy Mane

Re: Rumney Models - June 2022 Update & New Items

Postby Porcy Mane » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:12 pm

jjnewitt wrote:[*]PFR.08 BR Hybox with 8 leaf spring

Good to see the Hyboxes breaking cover. Means I'll be able to bash on with my Covhops without resorting to buying any more Parkside grampuses.

B870542-EditSm.jpg

P

iak

Re: Rumney Models - June 2022 Update & New Items

Postby iak » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:12 am

Wonderful stuff.
Time for an order I think...
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

jjnewitt

Rumney Models - September 2022 Update & New Items

Postby jjnewitt » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:23 pm

I am pleased to announce the introduction of some new items in advance of Scaleforum. All are 4mm scale unless stated otherwise.

7’3” 14T Air Ministry Tank Wagon Kits (Various Codes (see below) - £48 each)

Something a bit special and what could, depending on sales, be the first of a large range of late steam era oil and chemical tank wagons.

SMBP Air Min (1).JPG

Full kits for the 7’3” Air Ministry 14T Class A and Class B conversion tank wagons. The kits include and underframe, tank and details etched in two materials and on three different thicknesses along with 3D printed saddles, tank ends, one piece end stanchions/crossbeams, springs/axleboxes, buffer housings and tank fittings. There are four kits in total with a choice of riveted or welded tanks and both versions are offered with either Class A or Class B fittings. There is also a choice of the original small walkways or the 4 support type fitted by SMBP from the late fifties. Esso and SMBP style ladders are also included.

PC.111RA - Riveted Tank, Class A Fittings
    PC.111RB - Riveted Tank, Class B Fittings
    PC.111WA - Welded Tank, Class A Fittings
    PC.111WA - Welded Tank, Class B Fittings

The kits are EM and P4 only.

Regent Air Min (5A).JPG

Bachmann N Class Loco and Tender Chassis (X.16 - £62)

A modern, fully sprung chassis for the Bachmann N class model. The kit is designed to reuse the Bachmann cylinder block and motion bracket but replace everything else below the body of the locomotive. The kit features independently sprung driving wheels, a sprung pony truck, valve gear, brakegear and a removable keeper plate with cosmetic driving wheel springs. Also included is a CSB sprung tender subframe with full brakegear which is suitable for both the 3500 and 4000 gallon tenders. EM and P4 only.

Bachmann N (2).jpg

Bachmann N Class Loco and Tender Chassis (X.16A - £14)

The sprung tender subframe from the compete kit is also available separately (X.16A - £14) on a limited basis. EM and P4 only.

LNER 50T Diamond Freight Bogies (PG.11 - £14)

A sprung kit for the LNER 50T diamond framed freight bogie. These were fitted to the LNER brick and sulphate wagons. They follow the same principle as the recently re-imagined plate freight bogies with cosmetic 3D prints over an etched sideframe and sprung bolster.

LNER 50T Bogies (2).JPG

Gauge 1 Milk Tank Plates (Various codes - £6 a set)

I have a small selection of milk tank plates available to suit the Slaters LMS d1994 kit. There are United Diaries, Unigate and Express Dairies plates available. They are etched on 0.1mm stainless steel and supplied in pairs and painted. Unigate and Express Dairies numbers are suitable for the LMS d1994 only.

Further details on all the new products can be found on the Rumney Models website.

Other news

The impact of my etchers recent price rises continues to be felt. There are no further rises from me but there are some more withdrawals and news on out of stock items.

Sprung Coach Bogie Subframes (E.01-E.07)

I have taken the decision to withdraw for the time being the sprung coach bogie subframes They are currently available while stocks last. Recent changes to my etchers price structure and further price rises means I feel these are no longer profitable to stock. The logical thing would be to retool the sheet that they are on to reduce the unit cost but there are a number of items which that applies to, and I have a limited budget for such things. Given sales of them generally, and specifically over the past two and half years they will have to wait. Having said that, if someone wants to place an order for 6 or more of a particular type I will get the retool done for that sheet at the next available opportunity. I’ve never really understood why I haven’t sold more of these; I think they are a better product than the alternatives available but people seem to have voted with their feet.

Open Wagon/LMS Van Detailing (B.102-B.105)

The frets covering LMS/BR open wagons and BR period LMS vans are now out of stock. I have no plans to order more of the sheets that they are on nor am I planning to tool up a whole sheet of them. Instead, I plan on using them to fill production sheets as and when the opportunity arises. They will be available again at some point.

I hope to see some of you at Scaleforum next weekend. Strange to think that this will be Rumney Models first full blown, weekend long exhibition since Scaleforum in 2019.

Happy modelling,
Justin

Horsetan

Re: Rumney Models - September 2022 Update & New Items

Postby Horsetan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:15 am

jjnewitt wrote:....Bachmann N Class Loco and Tender Chassis (X.16 - £62)

A modern, fully sprung chassis for the Bachmann N class model. .....

Very good news.

...Other news

....Sprung Coach Bogie Subframes (E.01-E.07)

I have taken the decision to withdraw for the time being the sprung coach bogie subframes They are currently available while stocks last. ...

Not very good news. Cue panic buying?
That would be an ecumenical matter.

jjnewitt

Re: Rumney Models - January 2023 Update & New Items

Postby jjnewitt » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:20 am

With the Rumney Models exhibition calendar being different slightly different this year thanks to Scalefour North re-emerging at Crewe in June rather than Easter, it seemed like a good idea to take the opportunity of the New Year to release some items that have been bubbling away for a while.

LMS/LNE/BR Gunpowder Vans (for codes see below - £39 each)

6 kits in total covering the LMS/LNER and BR Gunpowder vans. Essentially it is the same basic wagon but with different solebars and details to accurately model the different versions. The body, solebars, buffer housings, springs/axleboxes and brakegear are 3D printed resin with a sprung brass ‘under frame’, roof (for a prototypically thin look) and detailing parts along with a cast whitemetal vacuum cylinder (where appropriate). Suitable axleboxes and hollow buffer housings will be included but if you require something specific, please state when ordering.

PC.55E BR Retrofitted Gunpowder Van.jpg

Just for fun, I drew up a ‘brochure’ for these with more details and the prototype information.

PC.55A - Unfitted Independent brake - RCH axleguards - LMS and LNER vans as built
PC.55B - Unfitted Morton brake - BR axleguards - Early BR vans as built
PC.55C - Morton vacuum brake - BR axleguards - Vans built new by BR with vacuum braking - lots 2544, 2689 & 2872 only
PC.55D - Retrofitted Morton vacuum brake - RCH axleguards - LMS and LNER retrofitted vans
PC.55E - Retrofitted Morton vacuum brake - BR axleguards - BR retrofitted vans
PC.55F - Retrofitted Morton vacuum brake - BR axleguards - LMS and LNER retrofitted vans that have had their axleguards changed

The kits can be built in OO, EM and P4.

Due to the fact that these have to be sent small parcel there is a £2 postal surcharge when ordering the kits. This surcharge applies to the order as a whole not to the kit, so if ordering more than one you only pay the surcharge once.

BR 1/221 ‘Izal’ Palvan (PC.56 - £48)

In 1960 BR built 250 specialist wagons for carrying palletised Izal products from their factory in Sheffield. The kit is another mixed media affair with a mixture of etched and 3D printed parts. It included an etched underframe, end framing/stanchions and details along with 3D printed sides, inner ends to sit behind the etched framing, springs/axleboxes, roof and Oleo buffer housings along with a cast whitemetal vacuum cylinder.

Izal Palvan (1).JPG

The kit is supplied with the original pattern J-hanger springs and roller bearings fitted to the wagons. Some were fitted with long ‘standard’ springs with no J-hangers late in life, these are available by request when ordering. 3D printed solebars are available separately to use in place of the etched version included in the kit if required. They are not needed to build the kit but are an optional extra (PC.56A - £3.50).

BR Heavy Duty Plate Freight Bogies (PG.06 - £14 per pair)

The Rumney Models range of plate freight bogies gets another member in the BR version of the GWR heavy duty plate bogie. These were fitted to some Western Region Weltrols but more importantly, the second batch of BR Strip Coils (Rumney Models kit C.01B). Specification is the same as the other freight bogies with a sprung etched brass subframe and 3D printed cosmetic sides.

3D printed 5 Leaf Springs and Axleboxes for Wooden Solebars (Various Codes ending .05W - £4 for a set of 4)

The Rumney Models range of wagon springs and axleboxes continues to expand with the addition of 3D printed springs and axleboxes for wooden underframe stock. They are available with any of the Rumney Models ‘light’ axleboxes, FA to FM.

As with the other 3D printed springs/axleboxes please allow 2 weeks for order processing as they may need printing.

Reintroduced Items

The sprung coach bogies subframes (E.01-E.07) have been reinstated and are available again from stock. Enough people put their hand up to continue with them. I looked at retooling the sheets but most of the kits are such awkward sizes that I can’t actually rearrange the frets sufficiently to squeeze more of them on to a sheet. Prices therefore will remain where they were, but they are available…

Exhibitions for 2023

Rumney Models will be out and about at Scalefour Crewe on the 3rd/4th June and Scaleforum 23rd/24th September, maybe for the last time?
With the changes to the exhibition calendar brought about the moving of the more northerly of the two Scalefour Society exhibitions to the first weekend in June I will unfortunately not be attending Railex. It’s just not possible for me to do two exhibitions in two weekends, especially as they bookend my daughter’s school half term.

For more details see the above links or follow this one... Rumney Models

Happy Modelling for 2023,
Justin

Edit: Updated incorrect info.

iak

Re: Rumney Models - January 2023 Update & New Items

Postby iak » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:38 pm

Excellent news. :thumb
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

jjnewitt

Rumney Models - New Items for June 2023

Postby jjnewitt » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:24 am

Thanks to some non-Rumney Models work commitments and the general craziness of school half term this is a slightly belated announcement of some new items that will be available at Scalefour Crewe this coming weekend. No danger of an imminent update to the Rumney Models website but they will all go up in due course.

Bachmann Grain Hopper Underframes (for codes see below - £20 each)

3 kits to upgrade the Bachmann BR welded grain hopper. As with recent output these are a mixed media affair and cover all the variations in the diagram 1/271 hoppers. Each consist of a sprung etched subframe and details along with 3D printed solebars, brake shoes, springs and axleboxes along with hollow buffer housings. There is a choice of oil axleboxes, roller bearings or Hyboxes. All of the unfitted wagons were built with oil boxes but many were replaced by roller bearings or Hyboxes in the early 60s. Through piped wagons were built with roller bearings but some gained Hyboxes over time. The through piped wagons included a different pattern ladder as per the prototype.

Bachmann Grain Hopper (1).JPEG

PB.36A - Unfitted wagons with early type hopper release mechanism (lot 2183 wagons only)
PB.36B - Unfitted wagons with later type hopper release mechanism
PB.36C - Through piped wagons

The underframes can be built in EM or P4.

Further information can be found in the instructions which are up on the Rumney Models website.

3D Printed Springs and Axleboxes for Ferry Vans, Ferry Opens and MOT Hoppers (various codes - £4 for a set of 4)

PFE(cov).08UICFO - 1/055 Ferry Open with covered roller bearings

PFE(cov).08UICFO.jpg

PFE.08UICFV - 1/227 Ferry Van

PFE.08UICFV.jpg

PFZ.09MOTHOP - MOT/LNE 167 21T Hopper. These include the distinctive coupling pockets found on the wagons.

PFZ.09MOTHOP.jpg

Hope to see some of you on the weekend,
Justin

Noel

Re: Rumney Models - New Items for June 2023

Postby Noel » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:46 pm

jjnewitt wrote:3D Printed Springs and Axleboxes for Ferry Vans, Ferry Opens and MOT Hoppers

As well as the UK diagrams given by Justin, all three types also appeared on ferry vans built to the UK loading gauge for European railway authorities.
Regards
Noel

jjnewitt

Rumney Models - New Items for September 2023

Postby jjnewitt » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:59 pm

Just in time, some new items to report ahead of Scalefourm this weekend.

Lima Bogie Vee Presflo Detailing

A set of etches and 3D prints to update and correct the Lima model brought to you by Mike Whitchurch.

The 'full' kit (X.33A) includes correct length etched skirts and 3D printed ends which are missing on the RTR model. The kit assumes that you will lengthen the outer ends of the tanks with plastic strip (not included). The accompanying etched detailing includes new walkways, ladders, end anchors and lifting brackets as well as lamp irons, brake wheels and solebar detailing. 3D printed manholes are also included.

We appreciate that not everyone wants to go to the trouble of lengthening the tanks and replacing the skirts so the detailing etch from the 'full' is available separately (X.33B). This includes the 3D printed manholes.

X.33A - £24 Lima bogie vee Presflo skirts and detailing
X.33B - £8 Lima bogie vee Presflo detailing only

Lima Bogie Vee Presflo (B).jpg

Ivatt Class 2 Tank Ladder

X.22 - £1.50 An etched replacement bunker ladder designed by Pete Tarver for the Bachmann loco.

Ivatt Ladder - (1).jpg

LMS 6’6” Trailing Bogie

X.29 - £6 A sprung bogie originally intended for a model of the LMS 2P but with applications for other LMS locos such as the 2-6-4Ts. P4 only.

2P Bogie (1).jpg

Reinstated Items - Wagon Detailing Etches

The steel ended wooden open and shock open detailing etches (B.102, B.103 & B.104) are available again from stock as is the Ratio LMS van strapping etch (B.105). Stocks are low for the BR Shocopen detailing (B.104) but I have good stocks of all the others.

For further details and instructions visit the Rumney Models website.

Coming Soon

There was supposed to be another major release this month but a problem with the etches meant that it needed to be put back. A full kit for 1930s 10’ wheelbase class A tank wagons, with ether saddles or a cradle will be appearing soon, most probably in early January.

Hope to see some of you on the weekend,
Justin

dmsmith

Re: Rumney Models - New Items for September 2023

Postby dmsmith » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:11 pm

A quick progress report on a new item released earlier in the year—a vacuum-piped underframe for a Bachmann diagram 1/271 welded grain wagon.

I had bought one of the Worthingtons versions with the extra footboards on the roof because they were much cheaper than the British Railways liveried versions. I therefore had to do some filling on the roof. I also thought that the weld seam where the straight sides start to curve was far too pronounced, because the two separate mouldings join there, so glued the two parts together and filled and sanded the seam until it matched the prototype photos.

The chassis went together like a dream and I’m very pleased with the results. The printed components work especially well. I do find Rumney Models kits to offer the best enjoyment per pound of any modelling.

Best wishes
David

jjnewitt

Postby jjnewitt » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:12 am

Hi David,

That looks fantastic and I'm very glad that you got on well with the kit! It's brilliant to see what others have made with my stuff. Thank you for sharing it with us.
dmsmith wrote:I also thought that the weld seam where the straight sides start to curve was far too pronounced, because the two separate mouldings join there, so glued the two parts together and filled and sanded the seam until it matched the prototype photos.

It sounds like you managed to get the top off of the body? I have tried to separate mine a couple of times but it has steadfastly refused to budge. It would also be handy to get it off to put some weight in. It looks much better for filling in the gap between the two parts of the moulding.

Justin

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:21 pm

I've just looked at mine and after a bit of a fiddle I squeezed the sides in slightly until I heard the glue crack. I did this very carefully all around the side (the top was off the chassis) and then gently pulled it upwards. A final persuasion with a flat screwdriver keeping it relatively level released it. It is held on by small pips.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

jjnewitt

Postby jjnewitt » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:49 am

I'll have to have another go when the body is off it's chassis.

Thanks,
Justin

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:30 pm

IMG20231003200116.jpg

IMG20231003201031.jpg

IMG20231003201044.jpg
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

jjnewitt

Postby jjnewitt » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:33 pm

Thats brilliant Hardwicke, thanks for the photos. It's really useful to know where the lugs are located!

Justin

dmsmith

Postby dmsmith » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:27 pm

Sorry for being slow in replying … we moved house this week.

I didn’t take the top off. The fit of mine was, however, sufficiently loose that I was able to run some solvent in the gap and squeeze it tight.

Even though I only completed it recently, I can’t remember whether I added any weight. If I did, it would only have been within the chute. I’ll check when I find it amongst all the other boxes. There are four gunpowder vans somewhere too that are almost finished …

Best wishes
David

jjnewitt

Postby jjnewitt » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:47 am

That's quite alright David, thanks for getting back to me.

Armed with Hardwickes very useful photos I'll have a go at getting the top off mine but if I can't I'll try what you did to improve the joint.

Hope the house move went well. I'll look forward to seeing how you get on with the Gunpowder vans. A couple of mine have now made to the transfer stage.

Justin

Return to “New Products”