Digest sheet 25.5.1

steve howe

Digest sheet 25.5.1

Postby steve howe » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:51 pm

Just looking at the Digest sheet for simple turnout wiring, to solve an issue with a double slip on Watermouth. On some of the diagrams (which are very clear and concise) there appears some dotted lines which are not explained in the text. Can anyone enlighten me?

wiring for turnouts.pdf

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andrewnummelin

Re: Digest sheet 25.5.1

Postby andrewnummelin » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:32 am

Links between point blades and electrical switch. These may be mechanical or electrical or even “absent” with switch blade movement and crossing polarity being independently worked by human or electronic action.
Regards,

Andrew Nummelin

bobwallison

Postby bobwallison » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:00 am

It's a rather cunning way to show how the positions of the tie bar and electrical switch are mechanically linked. When the tie bar moves "upwards" on the drawing, the electrical switch also moves "upwards" and vice versa. So in Fig 4b, for example, when the switch blade is pushed against the rail nearer the top of the drawing, it is the dropper from that rail that will be connected electrically to the vee crossing at the other end.

Bob

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:20 pm

Are you converting Watermouth to DCC Steve? If so, an alternative is https://www.coastaldcc.co.uk/products/t ... -universal (other suppliers are available). I don't think they work on DC.
Rod

steve howe

Postby steve howe » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:49 pm

Rod Cameron wrote:Are you converting Watermouth to DCC Steve? If so, an alternative is https://www.coastaldcc.co.uk/products/t ... -universal (other suppliers are available). I don't think they work on DC.

Ha Ha Ha!!! :lol: Oh God no! its nightmare enough as it is!

Steve

Return to “Electrics”