ECM controller - FTGH

Paul Willis
Forum Team

ECM controller - FTGH

Postby Paul Willis » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:57 am

Yesterday I was rummaging around in the garage with my Ulpha Light layout. I've had a clear-out of the box of electrical bits that came with it. There were many in there taht I had no clue to the purpose, and no idea if they worked.

However I did save an ECM controller. It looks like a panel-mount one that has been put into a box to make it a hand-held. It has a flexy lead with a 4-pin DIN (I think that's correct) at the end.

IMG_6863.JPG

IMG_6864.JPG

Knowing that there are some of us that use older bits of electronics and that replacements can sometimes be a problem - witness periodic dicsussions on Pentrollers - then I didn't want to immediately junk it.

If there is anyone that can find a use for this, let me know and I'll pop it in the post to you. Otherwise in a couple of weeks it does go in the skip, before my wife accusees me of building up yet more modelling tat!

Flymo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: ECM controller - FTGH

Postby Paul Willis » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Has now gone!

Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:22 pm

I was about to post a picture of another historic controller from my museum - a Scalespeed :!:
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:19 pm

I still have a Scalespeed controller which I occasionally use for testing. I very much liked the control lever with the little knob on the end; it was very pleasing to handle, but of course the electronics inside are now a bit outdated. The name is still around although not with John Brook at the helm. He has been gone a long time now; he was a friendly chap, very practical and willing to help out whenever you gave him a call.

Philip

Return to “Electrics”