Masokits corridor connectors

steve howe

Masokits corridor connectors

Postby steve howe » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:02 am

I shall shortly be charged with the job of converting five Hornby Collett bow-ended coaches for our club project following Gerry Beale's excellent article in MRJ 247. Just wondering.... are Masokits gangway connectors as diabolically fiddly as I've been led to believe? I see there is also an MJT version available from Dart Castings but I am guessing this is a 'simplified' version?

Steve

bevis

Re: Masokits corridor connectors

Postby bevis » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:53 am

I'd say yes but not impossible! and worth it for the detail in my opinion. No connection except as a satisfied customer.

PeteT

Postby PeteT » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:07 pm

Are the Colletts suspended gangways or scissors? I've built the Masokits gangways in scissors form and while fiddly wouldn't put them in the diabolically so category! I plan on using Masokits ones for any further builds that use scissors gangways.

On the flip side, I have put some of the MJT ones on Hornby LMS coaches where the suspended brackets are a separate part to the gangway, so could leave the suspension detail in place and effectively just replace the bellows with the MJT ones. These are in a fixed rake with the original Hornby gangways at the outer end.

If building kits for coaches with suspended gangways I expect to use the Masokits ones, but won't prove my theory on that for a while.

Edited to add - yes the MJT is a whitemetal block with folded paper bellows and an etched end plate - so much less detailed in itself.

Noel

Postby Noel » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:52 pm

PeteT wrote:Are the Colletts suspended gangways or scissors?

For info, the change occurred during 1925.
Regards
Noel

Ian@Exton

Postby Ian@Exton » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:29 pm

The Collett coaches have suspended gangways.
Ian

Return to “Coaches and NPCS”