BR Mk.1 BG livery

Steve Carter

BR Mk.1 BG livery

Postby Steve Carter » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:07 pm

Hi

I am moving out of my normal modelling interests to convert a Bachmann BR MK1 Full Brake BG using some of Rumney Models and Masokits offerings.
The model I obtained is in 'blood and custard' livery and has grey panels below the waistline on the luggage doors. I have not been able to find out what these are for so any help would be very much appreciated. I would like to show the BG as it was in 1955.

IMG_20211122_164855.jpg

Many thanks in anticipation.

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Carter

jim s-w

Re: BR Mk.1 BG livery

Postby jim s-w » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:52 pm

They are for chalked instructions Steve
Jim Smith-Wright

http://www.p4newstreet.com

Over thinking often leads to under doing!

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:58 pm

jim s-w wrote:They are for chalked instructions Steve

Thank you Jim

Steve
Steve Carter

BryanJohnson

Postby BryanJohnson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:00 pm

The coach as numbered was built in late 1954 so would be correct for your required date.

Larkin's book has a photo of the same type from the next lot built, but at Wolverton rather than Derby. In this photo, the livery is identical except for some positions. The chalk panels straddle the lining and 'GUARD' is hard up under the lining but these variations may just be down to the different works.

Bryan

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:53 pm

BryanJohnson wrote:The coach as numbered was built in late 1954 so would be correct for your required date.

Larkin's book has a photo of the same type from the next lot built, but at Wolverton rather than Derby. In this photo, the livery is identical except for some positions. The chalk panels straddle the lining and 'GUARD' is hard up under the lining but these variations may just be down to the different works.

Bryan

Thank you Brian, thats very helpful.

Steve
Steve Carter

Return to “Coaches and NPCS”