Off the beaten track

John Bateson

Off the beaten track

Postby John Bateson » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:04 pm

Some while ago I bought the Kirk Quad Art and Quint Art kits and made a start on the work. I quickly reealised that major addional work and parts were needed because many of the mould parts were rubbish and are now mouldering away in some long forgotten landfill site.
I bought Mr. Bedfords bogies, dynamos from 51L, Vac sets and sprung buffers from MJT and a pile of wheels from Alan Gibson Workshop. Then I mad my own partitions, since those delivered were decidedly not up to snuff.

A glutton for punishment, I also noted the interiors looked rather bare and decided to improve the interior sides with some CAD work. I also realised that I had not completed the Composite for the Quint Art so have spent parts of yesterday and today finishing that off. Not too sure of the colouring but the results are shown below ...
Quad Art All Third.PNG
Quint Art Composite.PNG

When these are printed on Transparency Film (laser on the shiny side, ink-jet on the rougher side) they do seem to make a difference. I prefer to use these as the window material and not cut out the windows on the transparency film, its a lot easier.

I am reminded of the old injunction "Yield not to temptation, for yielding is to forget what I am supposed to be working on!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Slaving away still on GCR stuff ...

Return to “Coaches and NPCS”