LMS Underframe Details

Serjt-Dave

LMS Underframe Details

Postby Serjt-Dave » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:24 pm

Hi All. Hope your all safe and well.

I'm building a LMS 57' Suburban Brake Third {D1735}. Just about finished the underframe except for fitting the battery box, regulator box, dynamo etc. Before I fit them I want to add any wiring looms, pipework, safety loops. But can't seem to find any decent images showing this sort of details.

Anyone got any images I could take a gander at please?

Keep Safe

Dave

BryanJohnson

Re: LMS Underframe Details

Postby BryanJohnson » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:20 pm

Hi Dave,

I took some photos of a un-restored LMS coach at the Foxfield Railway a few years ago.

If these are what you want, there are a few more. I doubt they cover everything though as I wasn't dressed for getting right in.

Bryan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:51 pm

Thanks Bryan. Yes exactly what I need. Just enough to show things are plumed in and not just a box attached to the underframe. If you have anymore I'll be much obliged to you. Thanks Again.

Keep Safe.

Dave

BryanJohnson

Postby BryanJohnson » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:26 am

Here are the rest of the photos. Hope they help.

Bryan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:25 am

Most helpful Bryan. I can now fit all me little bits and pieces.

Thanks very much for your help.

All Best and Keep Safe

Dave

Paul Hutfield

Postby Paul Hutfield » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:55 pm

Bryan,

Thank you for posting your pics, they're very useful.

Dave,

Is you model due to be one of the motor fitted brakes for the Wells branch traffic? M24466 by any chance? Must be due a new entry on your workbench!

Are you just working on the chassis currently and have you made any plans for the bogies yet? I only ask as there may be a little development that you may be interested in. ;)

Paul

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:07 am

Hi Paul. Yes Bryan's photos are very useful. I wanted to see how much of any wiring was visible on a vehicle that was in service rather than the ones in LMS Coaches which were all fresh out of the box.

No this coach will be just a Brake third. As I'm doing Edington Junction I don't think the motor fitted ones ran on the Bridgwater branch {I may be wrong}. Yes I would add it to 'On My Workbench' if I remember to take a mobile/camera with me to my workshop. LOL.

I'm about halfway through construction. As for bogies I'm trying out Bill Bedford frames, but I'm always open to "little developments".

Keep Safe

Dave

Return to “Coaches and NPCS”