Hattons RTR period stock

steve howe

Hattons RTR period stock

Postby steve howe » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:02 pm

I don't know if anyone has seen this press release from Hattons… they appear to be planning a range of 4 and 6 wheel carriages in a range of pre-Grouping liveries. Presumably the coaches are not to any specific Diagrams to be able to cover so many companies, but its an interesting step in the right direction!
https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/news/hattons-announces-genesis-4-6-wheel-coaches-in-oo-gauge

Steve

Andrew Ullyott

Re: Hattons RTR period stock

Postby Andrew Ullyott » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:23 pm

It is an interesting development and one I welcome personally. Judging by the amount of froth generated on RMWeb you can't help but feel some are missing the point. Yes, they're generic and therefore not super-duper-proto-whatever, but then they're not aimed at people who are perfectly capable of building a coach kit or have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the Nempnett Thrubwell Light Railway (insert particular area of interest here).
I'll be having a look at them to see what I can do with them and I suspect I won't be alone.
Ankh Morpork and Sto Plains Hygienic Railway anyone?

DougN

Postby DougN » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:59 pm

Have to agree with Andrew here. I have been looking, though not that hard, at the idea and I believe that Hattons are onto a winner. The generic nature of the 4 and 6 wheel won't match exactly any company but is a good representation of coaches that were mostly scraped over 100 years ago! The livery application will be as usual to a higher standard than most modellers could achieve.

I have tried to find information on NER 6 wheel coaches for a few kits I have from D&S, it is very difficult to find anything but a dark photo from my searching. So back to the hattons product, as they said on their platform 1 youtube on friday they are keen to see what "modellers" do with modifications etc. Unfortunately I don't hold much hope for this as I believe the number of people willing to cut and modify has become a minority. If people can do this they will start with a kit as it is less work.
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Knuckles

Postby Knuckles » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:15 am

They'll be on to a winner with the likes of me. Plan on getting 8-15 of them so that's a fair expence. At £36 for lit ones...if that is indeed the price they will retail for I'll be stocking up for a few trains.

RTR market has been screaming for these for waaaaay too long, and yes the generic impressionistic nature of them won't appeal to all of us but I'll be happy enough. Population Mostovuz won't mind, only if you want a specific coach is it a problem.
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” Thomas Paine

https://www.sparkshotcustomcreations.com/
Mostly 3D Printed Loco kits etc.

SCC Price list (7/4/22)
https://www.sparkshotcustomcreations.co ... e77d42.pdf

martin goodall

Postby martin goodall » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:18 pm

I can foresee the possibility that the Mid-Wessex Light Railway may acquire one or two of these vehicles.

Return to “Coaches and NPCS”