I'm Being Bullied!

Serjt-Dave

I'm Being Bullied!

Postby Serjt-Dave » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi All, on the scrounge again. I'm upgrading some Bachmann Bullied coaches. New Bradwell bogies, proper door handle and grab rails etc, and I need some assistance please.

Years ago you could buy little pictures that hung above the seats in compartments. Any idea where I can get them?

Also grills that fit over the windows in the guard van, where I can get some.

Talking of windows. I've brought some South Eastern Finescale flush glazing. Any thoughts on these? Can they be improved? Anything better?

The interior colour scheme I can just about work out. I have seen that the Guards van is a 'orrible' green colour, would the Guards compartment be in the same colour?

As always thanks for any help.

All Best

Dave

Albert Hall

Re: I'm Being Bullied!

Postby Albert Hall » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:50 pm

For the window grilles, try Roxey Mouldings. Several types available for various vans and coaches. Can't remember who did the pictures but they definitely existed.

DougN

Postby DougN » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:17 pm

I think you might be thinking of Tiny signs or something like that for the coach pictures. I think you might need to go looking in a Bring and Buy/ Swapmeet and look in the chuck out bins (my thought is some times they should be chucked out!).... Locally here in Melbourne this is the likely spot to find these odd things. Then again my wife would never let me go to one in the UK as I would be bringing suitcases of stuff back to melbourne. :shock:
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Mike Garwood

Postby Mike Garwood » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:49 pm

247 developments also do various sizes and styles of grills.

Mike

Ian Everett

Postby Ian Everett » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Bill Bedford (Mousa Models)does downloads of generic coach interiors,which include representations of pictures which satisfy my ancient eyes at normal train viewing distances - see http://www.mousa.biz/downloads/coach_seats.html

Ian

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:28 pm

Thanks Guys. I've been on the Roxey Mouldings website and ordered some window grills there also some SR/Pullman gangways as well.

The Tiny Signs carriage pictures is just what I want. I'll have to have a bit of a hunt round different suppliers as there main dealer The Engine Shed do the for £1.95 plus £2.50 p&p and another £2.50 small order handling charge, making a total of £6.95. So I'll wait till I find them elsewhere.

I didn't like the Mousa Models interiors I'm afraid Ian but thanks anyway.

I looked on the 247 Developments but couldn't see any grills Mike.

Will post pics when they are done.

Thanks again.

Dave

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:30 pm

I'm still ploughing my way through these Bachmman Bullied coaches and have moved on to the interiors. With the brake van luggage areas is the cage fully a wire mesh supported on a wooden frame or is it like what the Bachmman have done with their molded interior to have solid walls with open fame sliding doors? I remember when I used to work MkI's and Cep's and Vep's their luggage areas were a wooden frame with a wire mesh. Also were the brake van area painted in a lime green colour?

Any help appreciated.

All Best

Dave

Return to “Coaches and NPCS”