GWR Giants, Monster and Siphons

doktorstamp

GWR Giants, Monster and Siphons

Postby doktorstamp » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:04 pm

From the drawings I have available to me it would appear the tongue and groove sheeting used in forming the sides/ends on the inside framed diagrams was a nominal 6" wide. Can anyone verify this please? The aim being to scratchbuild some.

On another note has any one any idea what is happening at Blacksmith models, the website hasn't really changed for some considerable time now. Whilst most, myself included, have sympathy for the circumstances/illness over which they have no control, without being kept up to date, it will wear thin with any remaining goodwill consigned to the scrapheap.

regards

Nigel

Craig Warton

Re: GWR Giants, Monster and Siphons

Postby Craig Warton » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:02 pm

There was a post on RM Web recently that the 4mm scale Blacksmith range is being taken over by the owner of Coopercraft - if you look in the small suppliers area the comment can be read. Nothing on their website or on the Blacksmith site (of course!)

Regards,

Craig W

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:05 am

Paul Dunn of Coopercraft tells me that he has taken over the Blacksmith 4mm range of wagons, coaches and lineside kits. Coopercraft will be at Scaleforum and Paul says that he will have the range with him. He will also try to supply spare parts for the Blacksmith kits at the show, if ordered in advance. Yet another reason for coming to Scaleforum. :D The e-mail for Coopercraft is coopercraft@googlemail.com

Terry Bendall

doktorstamp

Postby doktorstamp » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:32 am

Terry

Thank you.

I will definitely be at Scaleforum, and leaving a lot poorer as is my want. I had hoped he would have some things from the range to offer at Railwells, in which case I would make the 400 mile round trip, unforetunately there has been no response from him regarding Railwells.

mfG

Nigel

chrisf

Postby chrisf » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:30 am

In response to the first of Doktorstamp's questions, about the width of planking used, I cannot help with regard to Giants and Monsters but there was much variation in the width of the vertical planking used on Siphons G built during WW2. As Spike Milligan might have said, they couldn't get the wood. When Lima made their version they chose a very rare prototype in terms of plank width. Most members probably have more sense than to take this route towards a decent model.

Chris

Great Westen Man

Postby Great Westen Man » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:47 pm

From the horses mouth.

Came home today with the Blacksmith 4mm kits. There is a few kits ready for sale and a stack of etching sheets as well. I have started going through the stack to find what is there to see what I can pack first. Once I know what is there I will know what etchings need to be ordered with the moulds for the white metal parts dropped off with David White of Slater's on the way home so he will be running those for me.

Should have a fairly good range in stock for my local show (Railwells) for you to buy.

Once I have a stock in hand they will be on my web site.

Andy W

Postby Andy W » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 am

Great Western Man I have P.M'd you.
Make Worcestershire great again.
Build a wall along the Herefordshire border and make them pay for it.

Return to “Coaches and NPCS”