London Road models L&Y brake 3rd.

simonmoore

London Road models L&Y brake 3rd.

Postby simonmoore » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:37 pm

Over the past couple of week i have been slowly building a L&Y 6 wheeler coach kit which has been a really enjoyable kit so far. I have had a few moments which have gazumped me but i am glad to say it is coming along nicely. The kit has been built as the instructions say & i put the kit on hold whilst i purchased the correct wheels. This morning a package from Alan Gibson arrived &i decided to pick up where i left off.

Today i finished off building the chassis & after a few choice words & a little fine tuning it is hopefully a working P4 chassis. I read in the instructions to add 30 grams of weight. I read on another forum that 4 two pence pieces weighed 40grams which i used on the chassis i dont think the extra weight will do the chassis any harm.

Hopefully on Monday evening i can have it looked at properly when i attend my first area group meeting with the Cravens team.

Simon.

DougN

Re: London Road models L&Y brake 3rd.

Postby DougN » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:11 am

Looks very nice Simon, you seem to be able to keep the kit clean also. I hope that my first lot of etched kits look that good when I start again.

Doug
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Return to “Coaches and NPCS”