Dapol FEA-B spine wagon - wheel diameter

Ade

Dapol FEA-B spine wagon - wheel diameter

Postby Ade » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:20 pm

Anyone converted one of these to P4? From what I've read elsewhere P4 wheelsets should drop straight in without any issues.

However, I'm a little puzzled by the dimensions of the model's original wheels which, if I've measured them correctly, are about 9.7 mm diameter whereas the prototype has Y33 bogies with 840mm wheels (equivalent to a scale diameter of 11mm).
Ade

jim s-w

Re: Dapol FEA-B spine wagon - wheel diameter

Postby jim s-w » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:48 am

Hi Ade

I've not seen one close up but as there's not a lot of room perhaps the wheel diameter was reduced to allow for the 00 flanges?

Cheers

Jim

Ade

Postby Ade » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:00 pm

Jim, thanks for the reply.

Very good point, not a lot of room indeed. I think I'll see if I can fit 10.5mm P4 wheels and go from there.
Ade

taylorc

Postby taylorc » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi
I have fitted Blackbeetle 10.5 mm P4 wheels to my FEA`s. They just drop in and are free running. I did try some others (can not remember which) and they were not as free running, the problem was the plastic bush on the axle fouled the inside face of the axlebox. So I would recommend the Blackbeetle ones.
Colin

Ade

Postby Ade » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:08 pm

taylorc wrote:Hi
I have fitted Blackbeetle 10.5 mm P4 wheels to my FEA`s. They just drop in and are free running. I did try some others (can not remember which) and they were not as free running, the problem was the plastic bush on the axle fouled the inside face of the axlebox. So I would recommend the Blackbeetle ones.
Colin

That's great, Colin! Thanks for the feedback. :thumb
Ade

Return to “Wagons”