Freightliners

John Fitton

Freightliners

Postby John Fitton » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:03 pm

I am trying to find some literature on the original BR Freightliners introduced in the 1960s, but Google searching yields entirely the new branding. There are some excellent photos on Fotopic (?), but drawings would be nice.

I have some very old hornby cars I want to upgrade, without the challenge of a brass kit.

Help would be appreciated.

grovenor-2685

Re: Freightliners

Postby grovenor-2685 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:16 pm

Some bogie pics here, I think I have some literature somewhere, I'll see if I can find it over the next day or so.

Might be worth looking at Colin Craig's website in case his instructions can be downloaded.
Regards
Keith

John Fitton

Re: Freightliners

Postby John Fitton » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:17 pm

Thanks Keith, I have already downloaded your own pics of the bogie, very interesting.

Unfortunately Colin Craig's instructions cannot even be viewed online. Nice models, but at 30 GBP per car just a bit outside my price range. Hornby models are pretty basic and look bad with an unloaded car. The original containers look ok when tarted up a bit, and a heavilly loaded train looks good. Main challenge is to chamfer uniformly the thickness of underframe over the bogies, and to make up some buffing gear for the end cars.

John

Return to “Wagons”