GWR (Lima) railcar

Hardwicke

GWR (Lima) railcar

Postby Hardwicke » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:21 am

I'm building the Lima GWR railcar in P4 and just bought the Extreme Etchings windows. How do you remove them from the sheet? The webpage doesn't say. RM Web is silent n the matter. Do you just crack them out?
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Hardwicke

Re: GWR (Lima) railcar

Postby Hardwicke » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:55 pm

I had a word with Brian at Warley. Apparently you twist them, on the sides away from the small blip and they pop out. Quick cleaning off of the blip and they are ready to fit. I've popped out about 8 of the 80 or so for the railcar. I't doesn't help that the Lima frames are so bulky and toy like. I've also got to add the extra part of the frame for the front corner window. Thanks Lima for missing that out !
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:42 pm

When I built mine (many years ago ...) I cut out the glazing to fit in the holes, then held them in with varnish (I think). Idea from MRJ 7/8.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:15 pm

I was just about to look at that issue (the Twin railcar one)!

Return to “Railmotors, Railcars and Multiple Units”